ACN Latitudes Forums

Harvey Singers new article

How can we be sure he has PANDAS test subjects? Last time, it turned out he didn't. Dr Leckman admitted it and moved to the PANDAS side. If you notice, he seems to be trying to equate antistrep antibodies with antilysoganglioside. He also left out anti dopamine 1 in his testing.

what?! granted, I am no scientist and I don't know how to read research, but how is n=44, n= 40 and n=24 showing no difference? what exactly does the n mean? and how is 12 subjects an accurate study pool?

it's all fun and games to refute Singer's nonsense, but it is truly frightening to realize the strong reach of the long arm of JHMU!

reminds me of a LLMD I heard speak a number of years ago. . . "I keep hearing from all these patients that their traditional doctors keep telling them, 'it's not Lyme, it's not Lyme'. Okay, fine. Something is significantly affecting these patients health, so if you think it's not Lyme, then find out what it is and TREAT IT."

Dr. Singer -- something is significantly affecting these children's health!!!!

Amen, Smarty!

If this guy spent just one HALF the energy he expends on refuting PANDAS on coming up with verifiable answers, then he'd earn some respect from me.

It baffles me, the sheer waste on trying to shore up one's own dated, out-researched and poorly supported position! :wacko:

That's what I've been trying to figure out Smarty. I'm no researcher. The numbers don't add up to me. It would be helpful if I could access the entire article but I'm not giving even a penny for anything he has written.

Another mom has access and she said at the end he acknowledges the small number of test subjects but goes on to say his results say there is no justification for abx or immune therapies for PANDAS.

They studied 44 'PANDAS' children. Of those 19 were in an 'exacerbation'.

And from the study: "Of the 19 children with PANDAS who had a documented clinical exacerbation while participating in the longitudinal study, serial samples before and after the exacerbation point were available on 12 individuals."