ACN Latitudes Forums

A lot of spinal fluid?

tu4four

Hi! Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving!

My dd11 had her lumbar puncture on Wednesday, and when the dr came out to tell me how it went. He said that she had more cerebral spinal fluid than he expected (I guess this is measured in terms of pressure?). I asked him if he thought that could be related to her raging, but he said no. Wondered if any of you knew anything about too much csf?

Thanks!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hydrocephalus/DS00393/DSECTION=symptoms

What else did he say? Is he not concerned? You probably have already visited this site, but I thought I would post it anyway.

Thanks for that link. The doc did not seem alarmed. Looking back on Wed, the doc came out asking me if she often suffered from headaches, but she doesn't, and I thought he was leading up to the fact that she had a really bad headache right then from the procedure. Now I realize that he was asking me that because it seems like she would have a headache pretty frequently with this kind of increased pressure.

This wasn't our pedi neurologist who came out to tell me, but the doctor who performed the lumbar puncture. I had to call the er last night due to continued intense headache, and they had her records and mentioned that her pressure was pretty high. I was told that it was 38, but they brought it down to just about normal at 21. Seems like that has to be significant in some way. I talked to the on-call pedi neurologist last night who said that it definitely could cause behavioral changes like we have seen.

I should hear something from her neurologist in the next day or two. I plan to start calling tomorrow am.

Thanks!