ACN Latitudes Forums

stomach pain -- suggestions, please

pr40

dd9 has frequent stomach pain. pain is not terrible but it occurs daily.

she is on augmentin and zytromax, probiotics, and anti-inflammatories.

when I gave her augmenting and zytro in the morning, pain was in the morning. When I switched zytro to evening, pain moved to evening. I am not sure if this is just a coincidence or not. Zytro is supposed to be easier on the stomch than augmentin.

dd is on gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and now corn-free diet. In short, I don't think it is diet.

suggestion, please.

My non Pandas child has chronic stomach issues. I saw that you are already giving probiotics. What time of day are you giving it? If you are not already giving it in the am, I would try that. Perhaps it will lend the bulk of the digestive support when he is awake and eating?

Have you done a comprehensive stools analysis on her? It could be yeast or low absorption. Enzymes would help with low absorption. Is she diagnosed with Bartonella? Bartonella can really root itself in the intestinal track.

"Bartonellosis is generally suspected when neurological symptoms are out of proportion to other systemic, chronic Lyme disease symptoms. Patients may suffer with gastritis, lower abdominal pain, sore soles, and tender subcutaneous nodules along the extremities. Lymph nodes may be enlarged and accompanied by a sore throat. Additional manifestations may include:" - See more at: http://www.envita.com/lyme-disease/chronic-lyme-disease-coinfection-bartonella-causing-more-chronic-fatigue-problems#sthash.0iipuOuU.dpuf

Can you switch the zytro back to the morning again and see if the pain follows? That doesn't sound like a coincidence to me.

DD also had stomach pain, but I couldn't correlate it with anything. We tried elimination diets, GF/CF/SF, low oxalate, low histamine, everything. Nothing helped until we started bart abx. It went away within 2 days and has never returned.