ACN Latitudes Forums

Help with Sleep?

T_Anna

Kiddo takes magnesium, taurine, and TR melatonin every night and is doing well most nights now. When sleep a problem we throw in a capsule of "sleep relax" by Natural factors.

Benadryl is a time tested standard if you prefer traditional meds.

Edited by Mayzoo

I forget - has he had his thyroid and cortisol levels checked? DD has some adrenal fatigue going on and we were using ashwaganda with limited improvement. Then a few weeks ago, she started complaining about getting dizzy if she stood up too fast, dizzy after recess and her hands developed tremors. Consulted with the LLMD, who we had an appt w/that week. I pointed out her lips were exceptionally chapped even in the summer. We agreed to really push fluids (some of her symptoms resembled POTS and the treatment for that is tons of hydration). Within a week, her lips started to heal, the tremors and dizziness went away and....(drum roll) she started falling asleep within 20 min instead of 90 min. Sometimes, it's the simple stuff that's so easy to miss.

He is on Gaia thyroid support now. We have added Reservatrol and Olive Leaf Extract lately can either of those produce insomnia? Can it be herx? He had a really rough time with his bathroom rituals, but was still the improved and accommodating guy later. I thought we waited long enough after introducing each new supp, but the sleep things had been going back to last Spring when he had insomnia.

Can it be the D3 (2000mg)?

Can I give magnesium with abx? I always thought it needs to be 2+ hours away like probiotic.

Thanks as always,

T.Anna

DS15

Edited by T.Anna

Some abx need to be 2+ hours apart, some do not. My kiddo is on augmentin in the pm and it is fine with magnesium. Either look it up at drugs.com, or let me know what he is currently on and I can look it up for you.

ETA: Here is a quick list of drugs that interact with magnesium:

http://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/magnesium-oxide-index.html

Here is a decent interaction checker:

http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.php

Edited by Mayzoo

Thanks Mayzoo. I love drugs.com. I'll have to hold off. I am having trouble getting him to take pills more than twice a day.

He was just taken off Azithromycin since he was having palpitations, that may have been the insomnia culprit.

After our appointment on Monday, I will try to re-introduce pills 3x a day.

Thanks again.

T.Anna