ACN Latitudes Forums

eye rolling? help!

my2sons

I have two sons with tics. My oldest Ds started with constant tics as soon as he turned 9. After several months of mild, transient tics he exploded with a constant, loud vocal, yelling tic. We saw an environmentsl physician, started supplements and a GFCF,low sugar, no artificial anything diet. We have seen slow, steady improvement of tics, adhd, sensory problems, irratability, sleep issues, social issues, etc every since. Well, shortly after startin diet my youngest started with a burping tic. Mild, hardly noticable. Well, he has recently progressed to an eye rolling tic that seems really bothersome. We have been on diet for a little 6 months. We are all natural, i make everything they eat from scratch. No dairy, no grains. I do organic as much as i can afford. I don't know what else to do for him, other than having his eyes checked. Othrr than removing dairy, what has helped everyone else? I have not explored PANDAS/PANS as my kids are not very sickly. They get colds a few times a year but not much else. They did have strep a few times when younger that was accompanied by vomitting and rash but have not had it in years. Thoughts, anyone?

Eye rolling tics are amongst the most common TS tics.

Do you have any other family history of TS or tics?

Honestly whenever there has been any strep history, it is always worth investigating PANDAS, just so you can be sure that you have covered all bases

Also, be sure you have your son's eyes examined by a pediatric opthalmologist as sometimes vision problems and corrective lenses can dramatically improve eye rolling, whether or not these are also TS etc related.

We also experienced a gradual decrease in tics after establishing dietary changes. Part of that process were occasional rises in tic activity. But we never observed a sustained increase of new tics.

Are your children taking good multivitamins? That was something that brought about a noticeable improvement in our son well after we had initiated the new diet. He had been taking a fairly generic multi as part of the modifications to his diet, but when we switched to a fairly potent one, the improvement was almost immediate. There are threads on this forum that mention different brands of good multis.

Another improvement came when we identified a food item that wasn't agreeing with him (oranges). We had made extensive changes to his diet, and were hyper vigilant about what he ate, but somehow oranges had slipped through the cracks without being noticed. He took his multi every morning with orange juice... When we removed them, ticcing lessened, again almost immediately. I just mention this because even though your sons have a very healthy diet, there might be an item still in there (or recently introduced) that is causing an issue.

Good luck,

Chris

My son used to do the eye rolling during allergy season. He would say his eyes are watery or itchy and that would bring it on. I agree with cj60 also. There might be a particular item that is still causing issue. Give probiotics.

Mar