ACN Latitudes Forums

5 HTP for tics?

Hopeny

Didn't use 5-HTP but did use tryptophan for anxiety for @12 mos. Didn't ever help with tics caused by herxing. Detox was the only thing that helped then. Taurine is also supposed to help ticcers but doesn't do much for my DS. Has your nephew ever been tested for triggers like yeast, metals, mold? Make sure he's having daily BMs. Is he close to any of the integrative docs on your team? They might have some good tools.

Thanks Dr also mentioned Taurine, I forgot that.

My sister is considering seeing Dr. O. My nephew is also on the spectrum, my sister believes in PANS but he has had tics since birth so thinks it is tourettes. He also has some OCD, mostly contamination issues. It all waxes and wanes.

She recently had his ASO tested hoping in a way that it would show something but it did not. He has never been tested for anything else. He did get a rash following playing in leaves some years ago but has no pain or any common other Lyme symptoms

I am 99.999% positive I had Lyme and Bartonella and wonder if the rest of my family does/did (I feel fine now so think I am one of those people that can recover from it). We had a cat growing up. My niece has PANDAS (my brother's daughter) and my sister's son has tics - my 2 kids have a congenital immune complement disorder we discovered my husband has plus I suspect some level of Lyme/Bart from me plus reinfection. Seeing a pattern?