ACN Latitudes Forums

comprehensive blood panel suggestions

jph

I want a comprehensive blood test done. I want to test for everything. :) I want to find what it is affecting my son, so it can be treated. Does anyone here have a comprehensive list of what blood tests should be ordered when searching for answers? We recently had an immune workup done- but I want to find out what infection it is. Can you help?

I went to a PANS dr yesterday. He is not one of the big names but he was on the PANDAS network page. He ran some bloodwork to determine whether my DD has PANS. The panel he ran included the following - antistrepO, CBC w Diff and Plt, IgE serum, Adenovirus AB, Immunoglobulins (G,A,M) ser, Lipid panel, myco pneumonia AB (IgG,IgM), comprehensive metabolic panel w EGFR, Dnase B antiobody, IGG subclasses, EBV panel, thyroid panel and TSH, lyme EIA w reflux, Bartonella (IGG,M). I have no idea whether this is comprehensive enough since I am just starting down the road to determine whether my DD has PANS. Hopefully more experienced members can be of more help.

Thank you! I just set an appt with a DAN dr who also treats PANS kids and I am left feeling very hopeful about our appt bc they do a very comprehensive blood work up and their treatments are allopathic and holistic. I'll bring your list with me when I go to be sure these are included!

BTW, we hired a nutritionist this summer to work with my PANS son; he was Dr. Mercola's chief nutritionist for seven years. I spoke with him the other day and he told me about this website, where you may be able to get a lot of your blookwork done more cheaply. Might be worth looking into. www.LEF.org/bloodtest

Don't forget viral titers HHV 1, 2 and especially 6. HHV -6 was our worst flare when combined with strep. A report in Europe is linking it with Lupus. Some studies are looking at it as a stealth virus with MS and our Dr finds it prevalent in Alzheimer's.