ACN Latitudes Forums

23andMe - Can't Download!

Here are some instructions:

1. Log into 23andMe and go to the tab that allows you to download raw data (top left on your screen). Download onto your hard drive.

2. Go to http://geneticgenie.org/ and follow the instructions for running your data thru the app. Currently, the app is free but there is a request for a $10 donation. There are two profiles you can run - the methylation profile and the detox profile. The methylation profile is most popular and most researched but it’s good to have both. If you can only do one, do methylation for now.

3. Print the reports. I do a copy onto a word file and save to my computer.

4. You can use other apps that that will give similiar analysis. One is http://www.mthfr.net or, www.mthfrsupport.com.

Hope this helps.

Dedee

Have you just had contact with 23and me? My kit is sitting on the table with spit in the tube for two days because the site won't recognize my e-ma or allow me to create a new one with totally unrelated data. Even when I call the non-customer care number number, they haven't answered in the past three days, and apparently their phone message box is full. I am wondering if something has happened there?

I just went to the site and signed in. The site is working fine. At one time, I was unable to access the site from my work computer because I didn't have the appropriate updated browser. When I used another computer with a newer browser it worked fine. That could possible be the problem.

Dedee

tu4four, I had the same issue and apparently it had something to do with the information I was entering. I just figured it out on my own as I could not find the number to contact.

The difference for me was that I was entering my childs birthday and then entered my own and it registered. Maybe the info has to be over the age of majority? At least that's what made the difference for me.

To download raw data: Once you have signed in, on the top right corner of the screen you will see your name with a down arrow beside it. Click the down arrow, and a menu drops down. From the menu, click on browse raw data. Now just below your name (a little to the right) you will see the download button.