ACN Latitudes Forums

Red streaks like stretch marks

• 1 month later...

It seems really tough to tell the difference with the stretch marks. My daughter's are on her lower belly and her arms. They are quite prominent. She's had them for years, and our pediatrician and our dermatologist told me they were just stretch marks. It wasn't until we finally got to Dr. B that he told us they were Bart. My daughter has been on two different ABX for about two months. Many of her ADD symptoms have significantly subsided. She still has major aches and pains and anxiety.

My daughter has stretch Marks on her belly they been there for years! Her doctor said they were just stretch marks! They are so purple!
Should I have her tested for Bart? And should I find a certin doctor? I remember telling her doc that I thought it was something other then stretch marks because she was young when she got them and she was't gaining weight! Grrrr! Thanks

They can certainly be an indication of bartonella infection, although our daughter who tested positive for bartonella and has responded very well to treatment, has never had a stretch mark.

You will have to find an ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society) associated LLMD (LymeLiterate MD) to do the proper testing. The IDSA (Infectious Disease Society of America) and CDC are lyme/coinfection naysayers.