ACN Latitudes Forums

Worried, confused and need help

John

Hi Guys

The test was a swab, not blood. He wasnt ill at the time. The Dr we saw was a consultant Pead who we had been referred to by our family Dr. The only reason he agreed to do the tests (I think) was because I pushed and pushed and pushed him to do them.

Will start him on the probiotc tomorrow

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ok John...a swab can come in negative and yet the blood can show loads of strep antibodies! even if no actual illness is present

so just remember that if this was PANDAS testing, a swab is not going to give full results...only for strep throat not PANDAS

John,

I'm thinking that the Dr. maybe wouldn't have even done the swab, without the info. you provided him? If that's the case, I would bet he will be receptive to testing titers for you too. Maybe after a period of time with being off antibiotics.

I read a study about strep titers in people with TS (I tried to find it before I posted but couldn't) that found elevated levels in some, that did not fit the PANDAS criteria. I'm assuming what they meant was that they didn't have the "explosive onset" usually associated with PANDAS. I found that interesting. I'll keep looking for that study.

I also wanted to mention, in regards to probiotics, that you should not take them within in at least 4 hours of an antibiotic. The antibiotic can kill the good stuff that your trying to replace too.

The two strains that seem to be recommended the most are lactobacillus and bifdobacterium strains. I'm sure this can vary from person to person, but without a stool anaylsis to show exactly what strains would be most beneficial, these are the two, I would make sure were included. Maybe someone else will have some more info. regarding that.