ACN Latitudes Forums

Doing much better. Phew! Need help w/what to add next?

Severe insomnia is much better but she never looks like she is completely asleep. Eyes open and close and she wakes if you breath next to her. She looks so uncomfortable. What would you do next? Upping melatonin usually never helps. Never has markers for PANDAS, so I don't think that is it. I am thinking parasites or viruses, upping omega's,??? Any advice???

11am

Bactrim 80/160

Minocycline 50mg

Breakfast- with food

1/4 Capsule Milk Thistle

600mg Motrin

4000 ui D3

4pm-Empty Stomach

10ml Iron

300mg Omegas

8pm

Bactrim

Minocycline

1/4 Milk thistle

10pmpm

50mg Mag. Citrate

2-Melatonin

600mg Motrin

6mg. Seroquel

2 sm. scoops D-Lactate custum probiotic.

I'm so glad things are going better. How long has she been on the Motrin? Ibuprofen (and all NSAIDS) cause gastrointestinal damage/leaky gut, so I would wean her off the Motrin if at all possible. If you find she still needs an anti-inflammatory, I'd talk to your doctor about what the alternatives are and the pros and cons of all the options. Restoring gut health is really important.

Hope to hear more positive updates in the near future!

She has been on motrin for 3 days. I can't get diflucan into her because it gives her such severe head aches. I am trying to give motrin so that perhaps when we start the diflucan again she can take it. She was on amphoceterin for yeast and we thought THAT was causing severe head aches but it WAS NOT. It was too much probiotic that was doing it. I was thinking about going back to the ampho, since she tolerated it so much better. Perhaps I can cut back on the motrin and try the diflucan VERY low and s....l....o....w. I really appreciate your feed back. We are definelty on the right track now, I just need help adding things in to help her body heal. The bactrim/minocycline is bringing out numerous stretch marks. I am so happy! I hear it's a good sign. Poor girl, doesn't think it's so good though. I hear they go away.

Rowingmom. I am going to stay with what Dr. J's prescribed, but I am trying to add in some other supplements that are critical I hear. Dr. J. doesn't really speak about the gut and supplementing with anything. So on my own, I added the omega's, milk thistle, Iron etc... I was just wondering if Vitamin E would be good, or some of the B vitamins. Thanks for the help.

Hi,

My DS tested positive for Candida glabrata...doc said difflucan doesn't hit that very well (did 30 days of it).

According to test, GSE, Berberine, Uva Ursi and Plant Tannins hit it...haven't used any of these so can't tell you how it went. Doc also prescribed Bactrim DS, said it hits it very well. Haven't started it yet. Waiting to do bloodwork in 3 wks first.

Also said to use Intestinal Support drink, 1 scoop 2x day...ramp up slow starting with 1/4 scoop for gut.

good luck

She has been on motrin for 3 days. I can't get diflucan into her because it gives her such severe head aches. I am trying to give motrin so that perhaps when we start the diflucan again she can take it. She was on amphoceterin for yeast and we thought THAT was causing severe head aches but it WAS NOT. It was too much probiotic that was doing it. I was thinking about going back to the ampho, since she tolerated it so much better. Perhaps I can cut back on the motrin and try the diflucan VERY low and s....l....o....w. I really appreciate your feed back. We are definelty on the right track now, I just need help adding things in to help her body heal. The bactrim/minocycline is bringing out numerous stretch marks. I am so happy! I hear it's a good sign. Poor girl, doesn't think it's so good though. I hear they go away.

So if I'm understanding correctly, you're using the Motrin to fight the headaches brought on by the diflucan? Headaches are a common symptom of yeast die off, so you may want to start low and slow with anything that kills yeast and really focus on detox - such as lots of lemon water, exercise (just walking is enough) and anything else she tolerates - at the same time.

OK. I will try that. Thanks. For severe head ache, would you then give motrin or tylenol? Because they are super bad head aches and she is prone to migraines. I have another question for you. If your child tolerated diflucan and also amphoceterin, which would you give? Do you think one is a bit less dangerous for their bodies than the other. Might as well give the one that is a bit safer, right? Thanks so much for the help. It is appreciated>

Give Ibuprofen rather than Tylenol. Tylenol lowers glutathione levels so you don't want to do that. Our kids have a difficult enough time detoxing.

Diflucan is really effective with yeast but it can elevate liver function so you have to be really careful with that. You'll need to check liver frequently. Amphotericin B rarely effects the liver.

OK. I will try that. Thanks. For severe head ache, would you then give motrin or tylenol? Because they are super bad head aches and she is prone to migraines. I have another question for you. If your child tolerated diflucan and also amphoceterin, which would you give? Do you think one is a bit less dangerous for their bodies than the other. Might as well give the one that is a bit safer, right? Thanks so much for the help. It is appreciated>