ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone's child do poorly on glutathione IV-push?

My son was given a glutathione IV-push at his last visit with the LLMD on Friday. He started doing poorly just a few hours afterwards and is just tonight coming out of it. I was wondering if anyone else's child has had a negative reaction to IV glutathione. It is not a sulpha allergy because my son does fine on Septra and Bactrim (two sulpha antbiotics). I would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Sorry, we use liposomal glutathione, 250mg BID. DD does have issues with sulpha abx, but not with this amount of glutathione. Seems like I read in one of the posts a while ago that intolerance of sulpha drugs is not a real indication of sulpher intolerance, or vice versa.

I really don't know anything about glutathione IV-push personally, but I did find this info on Dr. Yasko's forum:

"... a CBS up regulation. This would be the only real caveat for

holding off from IV glutathione.

I would use NADH with the glutathione, especially in light of the new area

that we are looking at in terms of G6PDH with some of the children. The

use of NADH should help to prevent some of the issues associated with

G6PDH. You could use the 2.5 or the 5 mg NADH.

As to the dose of glutathione, that is outside of my field of expertise.

Common sense dictates that lower doses more often will be advantageous.

The reason for this is that glutathione can break down into glutamate. So

if you use a higher dose than you need you will get the stimmy behavior

from excess glutamate. Then you are essentially wasting some of your

glutathione by breaking it down and getting the stims. So I would suggest

less, more often if it is possible."

Agree with Rowingmom. You can tolerate some sulfur abx and still have a CBS problem with glutathione. My DD was on bactrim for 8 months and was ok. But she can't handle glutathione precursors like NAC or ALA (never did IV push). With CBS mutations, it can be a matter of degree. Like a bucket that can hold 12 ounces but try adding 14 ounces and it'll spill over. Have you tested for CBS?

Agree with Rowingmom. You can tolerate some sulfur abx and still have a CBS problem with glutathione. My DD was on bactrim for 8 months and was ok. But she can't handle glutathione precursors like NAC or ALA (never did IV push). With CBS mutations, it can be a matter of degree. Like a bucket that can hold 12 ounces but try adding 14 ounces and it'll spill over. Have you tested for CBS?

That makes sense. Have not tested for CBS. What is CBS?

CBS is the abbreviation for the gene that sits at the start of the transsulfuration/detox pathway. If you have a mutation on this gene, it hinders your ability to handle sulfates and you produce more ammonia that your body struggles to detox. You can test for CBS by doing the 23andMe DNA spit test ($99). You can search the archives for 23andMe or methylation of CBS for more info. I tend to get carried away when discussing this, so I'll keep quiet and just refer back to older posts :)