ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. H, NY, parasite protocol

My kiddo is not seen by that doc, but she begins treatment soon. She is taking mebendazole 100mg twice a day for 14 days, then off for two weeks, then on again twice a day for two more weeks.

I have been trying to find out if there is anything else herbal or homeopathic that I should add during that 6 weeks to enhance her treatment. I have heard humaworm or black walnut hull may help, but no raving reviews.

We have not treated for parasites at all, although many are starting to think they could be the missing link to healing. Buhner's associate has suggested we start diatomaceous earth, which we have, and we are using garlic as well. I would be interested in what Dr H has suggested for your son.

I would be interested in what Dr H has suggested for your son.

My son was put on a variation of this protocol:

http://www.michaelharrah.us/parasite-protocol/protocol/168-dr-klinghardt-parasite-protocol

My son has been on this protocol before, but only once. The doctor ordered 3 refills on the meds, suggesting that he wants to repeat the protocol for a total of four times, as is suggested at the the end of the link here. I was just wondering if anyone else had tried such a lengthy parasite protocol and what the results were.

How do you know if parasites are present? Are these intestinal?

Well, I'm not sure I'm the best one to answer this, but I believe the thought is that if a person has lyme, they also may have a problem with parasites. Though everyone has parasites to some extent, people with compromised immune systems because of lyme, etc. tend to have bigger problems with parasites because their compromised immune system keeps them from being able to rid themselves of parasites naturally. The parasites this protocol is treating would include all parasites (intestinal, hookworm, tapeworm, etc.) except babesia which is treated differently.

The doctor is pursuing this protocol because my son has shown some improvement on previous parasite treatments.

Did you see much improvement after the first round?

My son has been on parasite treatment twice in the past. Both times he was at his worst and the parasite treatment pulled him out of the worst. But it did not get him anywhere near to complete recovery. Maybe took him from 0% function to 30%. This time my son is at about 60%-65%. (Though really it is hard to give a % to his progress. Some OCD is much, much better even almost gone, while other OCD is still horrific.) Hopefully the parasite protocol will bring some improvement, especially if the protocol is done 4 times. But maybe not since he has already been treated for parasites twice. We will see.

My son has been sick for 3 years and has had a lot of treatments for strep, mycoplasma pneumonia, lyme, bartonella, babesia, KPU, viruses, etc. Parasite treatment is only part of the picture.

Maybe others will chime in with their experiences.