ACN Latitudes Forums

Bad Reactions to Minocycline?

T_Anna

Thinking of trying Minocycline on DS15. It is the only antibiotic that we haven't tried. When we went to Dr.N he had mentioned Minocycline and I know that it is supposed to be one that passes the BBB.

The thread about Augmentin has gotten me a bit freaked that maybe ill possibly make things worse.

Thoughts?

DS's cognitive function seems to be improving and he helped his brother last night with Algebra homework, but anything we "think" we see is at glacier speed.

We are 3 weeks post IVIG and 5.5 weeks post PEX.

Thanks in advance,

T.Anna

We've had a good experience w/ minocycline, once we switched manufacture from Ranbaxy to another generic. ( see: http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20603&hl=ranbaxy )

The only thing I noticed was that when I gave it in the evening, she would wet the bed, resolved when I switched to dosing earlier in the day.

Minocycline, along with the other cyclines, can cause teeth to discolor. Something to do with altering the saliva chemistry and causing yellowing or browning of the teeth if they are not brushed really well (sometimes even if they are brushed well). A good, regular dental cleaning usually gets the stains off, but wanted to mention it.