ACN Latitudes Forums

BIE

Hayley

Has anyone out there ever heard of or tried BIE treatment for their PANDAS child? I just spoke to a naturopath who is certified in this. She never heard of PANDAS, but has used it to treat autoimmune reactions in general and other intolerance. Would love any feedback from those familiar. Thanks!

Just looked it up. BIE = Bioelectric Intolerance Elimination

I don't know . . . my "little red flag" is up, based on what I see on the web, but I'd be interested in anyone's experiences, also.

It looks like another form of "energy work" which, depending on who you talk to, may or may not be efficacious. We tried CST (cranio-sacral therapy), for instance, and felt we'd been scammed; however, I know there are others who feel it was, in fact, beneficial. I have a friend who practices reiki and swears by it.

To some extent, it may be at least somewhat dependent upon the patient's emotional/mental "buy-in," so if your kiddo is up for it, then . . . .

Good luck!

Edited by MomWithOCDSon

Nancy, I had the same reaction with a little red flag going up, but I admit I'm intrigued. I may go to the woman's office to learn more and will report back if it seems promising and/or certainly if we move ahead with it.

I haven't done CST with my PANDAS daughter, but did do it with my older daughter when she was having recurring ear infections WITH ear tubes in. She had been getting back to back infections and after four sessions with the osteopath who did the CST, she never got another ear infection (actually, one, five years later!). I've thought about taking my PANDAS daughter to do the CST, but have been trying not to throw too much out there at once. If she doesn't hold her progress, I would consider it to boost her immune system.

Hayley --

Not to get too far off topic, but we did regular chiropractic work (not CST) with our DS when he was 15 mos. to 3.5 years for chronic ear infections, and it definitely helped, too. Timing was key, though . . . we had to get him in for an adjustment pretty much the minute we saw any signs of congestion, or else it would be too late. The older he got, the harder it was for us to stay ahead of the symptoms, so at 3 we finally went for the ear tubes ourselves.

I try to be open-minded and remain curious about all sorts of different "healing" techniques; I admit to being most nervous about those to which a high price tag are attached! ;-)