ACN Latitudes Forums

After Fever, All New Tics

cobygurl

Hi,

I was hoping someone could share your experiences.

After your child has a fever, do they always develop new tics?

I am 9 days post fever and my child now has a whole bunch of new tics he didn't have prior to the fever, plus some we haven't seen in a long time. I am sick about it since we were doing so well.

Prior to fever, he cleared the coxsackie that apparently set off his pans. Does that mean he has a new illness he hasn't been able to get rid of? Do the same tics equate with the same virus attacking again? We did a throat swab since he was complaining about a terrible sore throat but it was apparently negative or they would have called within 24 hours.

I know some of you have said that you always noticed an exacerbation after fever - how long did it take for it to settle? Do you just continue with your supplements and meds they are on or do you automatically get bloodwork drawn to see if anything has changed?

I have been trying to get some of the doctors we work with to respond but haven't heard anything yet.

Are your doctors responsive once your child gets sick or do you find you have to wait a few weeks to hear anything or get an appt?

Thanks!

Mine gets new tics all the time. They are usually related to how he is feeling. If his back hurts, he will raise his arm. If he has a sinus infection, he sticks out his tongue. If he has an eye infection, he flicks his eyelid. Then, for months they stopped. Now he has been having them again. I can't say they coincide with a fever, since he has very rarely had a fever despite numerous infections. However, they usually stop when he is on antibiotics. This time he is on antibiotics, but the tics remain. It is so inconsistent. I've started taking him to the doctor when he has tics. Often times it is the only indicator that he is sick.

We haven't dealt with fevers in a long time and there was so much going on back then I can't say how it effected his tics. But I can say that his tics were almost always related to a detox problem. When his body had toxins from dying bacteria or yeast, he tended to tic until his body's garbage collection system got caught up with the onslaught of toxic dumping. High dose vitamin C (1000mg) helps, molybdenum helps, activated charcoal (taken 2-3 hrs away from any other supp or med), vitamin e, resveratrol (aka Japanese knotwood), milk thistle and motrin were my go to things. Not all of them at any one time - I'd try one or two and then switch if something doesn't work. It's not an immediate cure. But it helps lighten the load and shorten the duration of tic episodes.

I noticed a similar response to the die-off / detox cycle. Shortly after starting a new herbal or abx protocol that would hopefully properly address her infections, DD would begin ticcing. The higher the dose or stronger the antibiotic, the more ticcing we would see. After some time, usually 3 days to a week or so (with as much detoxing as we could handle), ticcing would start to resolve.

Tindamax produced pronounced ticcing for DD. So bad that it wouldn't resolve on a continuous dosing regimen so our LLMD put her on a pulsed protocol, giving her body a chance to recover inbetween pulses (3 days on, 4 days off). We then started to see the herx / detox cycle again. Each successive pulse of abx produced a smaller and smaller herx response, and after several months DD wasn't reacting to tindamax and it was removed from the combination. This was close to the end of her abx treatment in April.

Certain bacteria are known to die at higher temperatures.

"Fever is part of the body's own disease-fighting arsenal. Rising body temperatures apparently are capable of killing off many disease-producing organisms"

At the turn of the century fevers where intentionally induced to cure disease (I have heard of a Dr. in Germany that raises body temperature to cure Lyme.) Here is an interesting article on the topic.

http://www.issels.com/publications/FeverTherapy.aspx#sthash.iyG0XA2f.dpbs

Bartonella is just one of the bacterial infections I know that dies at higher temperatures of 104 plus. As both LLM and Rowingmom have mentioned die-off creates toxins which causes symptoms. Help the body to detox and these symptoms should calm down.

Edited by SF Mom

For this reason I have purchased a near-infrared sauna (not far ir). It's been too hot out to try, but we will begin using it this fall. I will report on how it goes for DD and myself. 104 eh? Thanks for the information SF Mom.

Certain bacteria are known to die at higher temperatures.

Bartonella is just one of the bacterial infections I know that dies at higher temperatures of 104 plus.

Hi All,

Thank you so much for all your answers. Sometimes I feel like I am always asking the same questions but my heart sinks everytime I see him tic and I guess I just need reassurance that this is fact can get better.

Rowingmom could you PM me too about the sauna. I'd be interested in learning more about it as well.

For detox I have been using a lot of vitamin C (more than 1000mg) zinc and Epsom salt baths. Should I be doing more if it doesn't seen to settle the tics? LLM could you tell me a little about molybdenum. It was prescribed but I don't quite understand what it would be for? Detox?

Also, lastly, maybe too much into but my little guy has been saying his bum is itchy the last few days - this is new. Is that Candida?

Thank you all again!