ACN Latitudes Forums

BAFFLED?

GG7

warning, strong opinion ahead!

Amoxicillin is useless for Strep, and IMO, doesn't wipe it out, and may possibly makes the strain stronger.

The first time my dd had strep, she was 3, I was trying to keep my career, and put her in a child care center,

and she caught a wicked strep- stopped talking, eating, literally just cried in pain- for days.

I was given Amoxicillin- I just assumed it cleared it, never re-checked, etc.

I knew nothing about strep, PANS, infections, gut health-

I don't think it ever really cleared it- (we have since gone back and treated infections with higher antibiotics)

And, strep can reside in the GUT. Not just the throat.

If your child is displaying PANS symptoms from a strep infection,

that tells me, IMO, it's a pretty heavy infection going on.

Otksama does your child already have PANDAS? If not I wouldn't worry. You are obviously already aware if the symptoms just by being on this forum. For us, our child had strep last December. We treated it and thought that was the end of that. About 10 days later he had the overnight onset if OCD and anxiety but we had never considered it was from the strep. He suffered until may when he became so severely incapacitated. In your case, you would be in the lookout for the symptoms and know what to so and when. The hard part is when this happens and no one around the child knows what to look for. If your child does have pandas already, just keep on top of symptoms. When he is in a flare you will know to bring him in for whatever testing is appropriate. I really didn't mean to instill any fear in anyone. Please take my comment with a grain of salt.