ACN Latitudes Forums

Onset of Vocal Tics After Infection - Strep ?

kmx

Hi,

I am 26 M. I am having eye twitching since i was 12yo .I used to have cold once every year but not as severe as the one i had 20 months back. Took over the counter medicine.No antibiotics.Stayed at home & Cold lasted for 3 days.On the 4th day i resumed work & started clearing my throat occasionally.I thought its just because of the mucus.But in a week or so it matured into throat grunting.

I also consulted 2 neurologists and i told them about the infection,they said 'it doesn't matter'.

Since it was a sudden onset of Vocal Tics after infection, i am considering strep. Can it be? I have never ever had vocal tics before.

I got the ASO test and expecting results shortly. If the ASO levels come out high, what should be my next step ? I would be visiting the ENT in a day or two. Or what kind of a doctor should i visiting?

If it indeed was a strep that lead to the onset then is their a possibility that the treatment can reduce/cure the vocal tics ?

I came to know of PANDAS just a month back.

Also take a look at this article - It states the tics can be eliminated if due to PANDAS - does it seem legit?

ttp://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/attention-please/201107/evil-pandas-part-ii-adult-affliction-treatment

Edited by kmx

it does not have to be strep. it can also be mycoplasma, lyme, and, apparently, Coxackie virus.

The new term is PANS, pediatric autoimmune neuropsychological syndrome, i. e. a condition when an infection causes neurological and psychological problems

whether it can be cured is a different matter.

you should understand it as an autoimmune problem and try to treat it as such through diet, life-style, methylation.

ABX help to clear and prevent infection and give your immune system a break. they also function as antiinflamatories.

change your neurologist, find a PANDAS dr or a good immunologist.

try ibuprofen, see if it helps. be mindful of sideeffects.