ACN Latitudes Forums

Need Pediatrician in Lehigh Valley PA

GG7

Perhaps you should be open to finding a pandas doc in Philly and work with an open minded ped in your area. I'm sure there are good options in Philly or northern NJ. you may have to travel several hours like many if us do. Some PANDAS docs will give you an rx for up to a whole year.

I wish I knew someone in your area but I don't. How far are you from northern nj? Dr. T is there and would be worth your journey but is $$. We were considering him if we couldn't get in to see the experts in Boston but luckily I have managed to get in and have it covered by Insurance. Its not easy to navigate but keep up the fight until you get there.

How us your current ped with the diagnosis? Has your child responded well to abx?

We are about 2 1/2 from North NJ. I have read some about Dr.T. It looks like he does not take insurance. Actually, it seems like a lot of the PANDAS experts do not take insurance. If we cannot find anyone closer that takes insurance, he is a consideration for us. Do you know anything about him? How expensive is he? Our current Ped. is not open to long term ABX. Our daughter has only been on them for 5 days. Not sure when we should start to see results. We would definitely like to find a Doctor of any type that believes in long term ABX.

Are you sure Lyme isn't a factor with your child? There is a lot of Lyme in PA and it seems like many PANDAS kids (esp. in that area) end up finding out Lyme is an underlying trigger. Most Lyme docs will use long term abs to treat their patients.

I believe he does work with some insurance cos. The trick is getting your insurance company to agree to pay for you to see an out of network doc. I tried and failed, but was willing to go and pay if I didnt find another plan. Luckily, I did find some great PANDAS docs that are much closer to home that were covered by my insurance. I did call Dr. T's office and he had availability. I didnt hang on to my notes, but feel free to pm me and I will tell you the price range I recall.I would imagine he takes care of many PANDAS patients that travel great distances that do not have access for prescriptions for antibiotics otherwise. Im sure he has a plan to provide an appropriate treatment plan for someone in your situation.

http://cumberlink.com/news/local/article_77bead1e-0f7d-11e3-b9a3-0019bb2963f4.html#.Uh3aLYiVpjw.twitter

"Last week CDC officials said Lyme Disease affects ten times as many people — up to 300,000 across the United States — than previously known. The organization cited Pennsylvania as the leading state for reported cases nationwide."