ACN Latitudes Forums

Visit w/DR. K...10wk IVIG update

Tylenol can deplete glutathione, which is a potent antioxidant that helps to detoxify the body.

We use Ibuprpfen often during flares. Biggest worry is GI irritation, not liver. And with long term use (years) kidney damage. One thing tonite about naproxen (Aleve) -- it's not a great choice if your hold has mitochondrial dysfunction, as many of our children do.

My thoughts with all of u & your children receiving IVIG. Prayers it works.

Tylenol lowers your glutathione levels, which is critical for boosting your immune system, balancing your red and white blood cells, and excreting toxins from your body. Ibuprofen is a better solution than Tylenol.

There is a methodical reason why that I don't know, but many of our kids should not take Tylenol. It comes up when ppl talk about vaccines and damage that Tylenol makes worse. I just avoid it altogether and stick with ibuprofen.

T. Anna we went to a MAPS clinician (NP) trained under Dr Rossignol. She did some bloodwork that showed he had some markers for mito, including having an elevated alanine to lysine ratio. And he has many clinical manifestations indicative of mito. Basically it's a clinical diagnosis supported by bloodwork. We are going to take my son to a geneticist for a more formal diagnosis. Right now we are supporting him with a "mito cocktail" of b vitamins, antioxidants, CoEnzyme Q10 (Ubiquinol) Riboflavin and L-carnitine.

Here is a link to an article by Rossignol with a somewhat simplified version of mito--

http://www.rossignolmedicalcenter.com/app/download/5857490704/Mitochondrial+Dysfunction+ASD.pdf