ACN Latitudes Forums

Hyperthyroid!

DS's thyroid levels are sinking.

His TSH+free T4 is 0.010

His T4 free is 1.26

His triiodothyronine free serum is 4.5

Dr.T is ordering more labs and I sent the results to Dr.S since her DH is an endocrinologist.

Ughhh!

What does this mean?

His vitamin d levels are 17.5 after months of high dose supplements.

Thanks as always,

T.anna

T.Anna

I don't know anything about thyroid, but how much vitamin D are you giving daily and is it drops or a pill? Also, what was his D before? Does he go out in the sun lot?

Vitamin D levels are supposed to peak in August (seasonal differences).

I was giving my dd D about 4000 iu per day and I was surprised her level stayed exactly the same (31). I think this was between oct and march (or so). Maybe it would have dropped more without the vitamin d drops (due to winter)? I actually put the drops in her pb and j sandwich for school cause she wasn't wanting to take the pills at that point. At the time, I didn't know if the drops weren't working or if she wasn't eating her sandwich or what was going on.

He doesn't go outside so weather isn't much of an issue. He was know 50,000 pill/once a week for 8 weeks and before that we tried D3 2000iu daily.

But now we did 23amdme and it seems he will have trouble with vitamin d supplements.

Having another blood test to get more thyroid numbers.

T.anna

He started to vomit tonight. No idea if it is from something he ate or what. He hasn't thrown up in a really really long time (usually a symptomatic to everything).

Dr.S didn't think the thyroid was anything to worry about since DS's T3 and T4 are within range.

I will try to get in touch with a local endocrinologist tomorrow, maybe I'll find someone who can give me a better idea.

The symptoms are very similar to PANDAS symptoms anyway so how would I know

which is which? Irritability, fatigue, feeling weak, mood swings....

Thanks as alway,

T.Anna

RANGE 08/15/13 05/15/13 01/02/13 11/17/12

TSH

THYROXINE (T4) FREE, DIRECT SERUM .93-1.6 1.26 1.27 1.32 1.37

TSH .45-4.5 0 .01 0.679 1.09 1.71

HEMOGLOBIN A1C 4.8-5.6 4.5 5 5.1

TRIIODOTHYRONINE FREE SERUM 2.3-5.0 4.5 4.9 4 4.7

IMMUNOGLOBIN E, TOTAL 0-200 126 114

Here our how the levels have been trending. According to Dr.T, TSH levels should go up after PEX http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14614231

Can it be Hashimotos disease?

We just had another blood test, hope we get some answers soon : /

T.Anna

DS15

Edited by T.Anna

I may need to wait longer to test antibody panel, if we end up doing IVIG next week.

Hopefully DS will feel better over the weekend with everyone home.

The tests this morning will try to focus on more thyroid related numbers and to try and rule out Graves and Hashimoto.

T.Anna

His TSH is 0.01 - it was 0.67 in May

I posted the ranges as well and the layout was messed up, sorry.

I should have more numbers today from Fridays labs and have two pediatric endocrinologists who said they would take a look (both are personal

Friends of other friends).

T.Anna

• 3 weeks later...

I rarely visit anymore but read this and wanted to share my son's path. His tsh is low, but T3 and T4 have never been elevated. He had a radioactive iodine uptake scan and ultrasound and his uptake was increased so he was diagnosed with Graves disease. His antibodies weren't tested until after he already had IVIG and are positive but interpreted with caution because of his treatment. So an uptake may be the only way to definitively diagnose, however, my son's endocrinologist will not treat unless his T3 or T4 become elevated, which so far they have not. As for Vitamin D you need to take 8,000iu at least a day with values that low and monitor with bloodwork. Another supplement that helps with his thyroid is leucovorin, which is high dose Rx folinic acid.

PM me if you need more info!