ACN Latitudes Forums

Help: Best antibiotic for Impetigo?

SSS

Hi- first time dealing with this- 2 weeks ago, dd's face, she had been off all antibiotics.

Got full strength Keflex - 10 days, with cream for blistered rash, I washed and washed this house like a madwoman.

Finished Keflex 2 days ago, all looked clear- today first day of school, face blotchy, I think nervous hives?

No, pick her up, horrible Impetigo crusted over her beautiful face.

Azith. is moot at this point, such a history.

Dr. calling me back.

Any ideas what I should ask for?

A Bicillin shot? (dd will kill me, but...)

I don't know! This timing is not good!

Thank you--

Well, an on call Doc from the practice phoned in Ceftin, and I'm bringing her in tomorrow for a culture-

nothing like trying to give a 10 minute synopsis of a PANS medical history to a new Dr. sober you up *sigh*

These kids go through so much.

At least she got in the first day of school, settled, and got her 2 best buddies in her same class. Looks like she'll be out for the next few days, while I boil the house in scalding water again.

Thanks for listening (lol)

Anyone have magic tips on Impetigo, I'll take 'em.

Well, an on call Doc from the practice phoned in Ceftin, and I'm bringing her in tomorrow for a culture-

nothing like trying to give a 10 minute synopsis of a PANS medical history to a new Dr. sober you up *sigh*

These kids go through so much.

At least she got in the first day of school, settled, and got her 2 best buddies in her same class. Looks like she'll be out for the next few days, while I boil the house in scalding water again.

Thanks for listening (lol)

Anyone have magic tips on Impetigo, I'll take 'em.

The culture is the way to go..Impetigo can be Staph or Strep. Get a culture and sensitivity and that way you know that whatever you are treating with is going to be the right drug for the right bug.