ACN Latitudes Forums

Tired all the time

Haven't posted in awhile. We come across some new things....added a new MD......LOVE her.

Discovered yeast, started treating. Also in Azithromycin, Valtrex, probiotics, Sach B. still has dilated pupils and complains of being tired ALL THE TIME. CBC/Iron OK.

Any thoughts, school starts in 2 weeks, she is already saying she can't go.

Does she have Lyme? My friend's dd has Lyme and Babesia (no PANDAS or PANS), and fatigue is her #1 symptom. Mainstream docs wanted to call it "post-viral chronic fatigue syndrome", but she finally saw a LLMD got a diagnosis. (Lyme culture was positive etc).

I second S&S to check for thyroid. Make sure you do at least TSH, free t3 and free t4. Even better if you can add reverse t3 at the same time. Make sure it is FREE t3 and FREE t4. Thyroid issues can make you exhausted. You want a TSH to be less than or equal to 2.0, no matter what the lab report says is a normal range. This is pretty mainstream, not alternative.

My DD has chronic fatigue. We've tested thyroid, adrenals and vitamin deficiencies (Spectracell blood test). She is low on B12 and has MTHFR mutations, so getting extra B12 into her is my current focus. So maybe ask the dr about B12/methylation (sorry - I know I post about that too much. I know it's not everyone's issue).

Last year, DD has EBV and it took her a long time to get her energy back 100%. L-lysine did it for her.

Glad to hear about the new doc. What role is she serving? Primary? Integrative? I need a new primary for the kids (love our LLMD but I need someone for regular stuff too). Can you PM me her info?

Bartonella was DD's primary infection and fatigue was a problem for her also. CBC/CMP results were always within normal ranges. Multiple combination abx treatment for bartonella, as well as addressing methylation and inflammation have all helped immensely.

Monotherapy abx treatment didn't work for us. If we had assumed that co-infections were not involved because of DD's negative Igenex WB result, I'm not sure where we would be now.

Edited by rowingmom

I suffer from chronic infections/viruses and late afternoon fatigue was a ongoing problem for me since I can remember. The number one thing that has turned the fatigue around is HD IV Vitamin C - 50 grams twice weekly. It is a strong anti-oxidant. I understand IV vitamins like Myers Cocktail and amino acids can be super helpful for fatigue. If you do not have access to IV treatments you can try HD C until tolerable 'diarrhea'. There is a powered form of C made by Health Force that I use with my kids.

We have been addressing things like detox, methylation, KPU throughout treatment although helpful they did not improve this particular symptom much.

Edited by SF Mom

Her Parvovirus B-19 are High (6.9) Normal is <.90. How long does it take to "clear"? She was on Valtrex 1000mg BID for a few months and we saw a change. But really upset her belly. She is started back on it at 500mg everyday. An now is developing sores in her mouth....but on the bright side, anxiety is lessening.

Just wanted to check, given the problems you mentioned above - she's not on the generic for Valtrex, is she? There was a post a few months back about a generic drug company (forget the name right now) that had been investigated by the FDA for falsifying test data and distributing impure/faulty generics. Valtrex is one of the drugs they make a generic for. I'll bump the post in case you or anyone else didn't see it.

Also, when you tested for Lyme, did you see an LLMD and get a full evaluation, including testing for all possible co-infections?