ACN Latitudes Forums

My son has Pandas and I just found out my Dnase Antibody is high

I'll try to respond in hope that others will chime in.

why not ask the dr who diagnosed your son? just to be sure.

perhaps, high Dnase indicates that you had strep at some point in the past. if you are not having any auto-immune symptoms, it might not be significant.

but, in my experience, most of parents, especially mothers, of pandas children have autoimmune issues themselves. so, my question would be what other inflammation markers do you have? part of figuring out our children's conditions is figuring out our organisms and how they (don't) work.

My guess is that you would not treat anyone with high dnase bc it is indicative of a past infection. I learned from an infectious disease doc today that titres can stay elevated for a year or more. But I second pr40 to ask your child dr for a plan for the whole family regarding keeping strep out of your home.

• 1 month later...

My son had low ASO but high DNase with symptoms. Treated with abx and symptoms improved. My doctor was trained years ago to take any titer over 4x higher than normal and treat. We also had HSV-6 15x normal. Treated with Valcyclovir and saw improvement in 36 hours. Now at zero. Another Dr. argued titers meant nothing...he should come live with us and see the difference!

3bmom, my son showed a huge improvement on Acyclovir. He took it for 30 days. After 30 days he was 90% better with a little residue left over. 8 weeks later, he is in another flare. How long did you take the acyclovir for? Did you feel like it got rid of ALL his symptoms or did you have to do other things?