ACN Latitudes Forums

Strange triggers for tics

Hi

Our son has tics that we are now trying to eliminate with antibiotics. We are working with Dr. T. I am writing because we are puzzled about his tic triggers. He is fine mostly but when he sits down to eat or brushes his teeth, his tics come back. When he sits down to eat, he starts to grimace and his vocal tics (repeated random word utterances) come back. When he brushes his teeth, his vocal tics come back. Otherwise he seems to be doing better.

As these are triggered by some actions - like eating and brushing - I am wondering if Dr. Stacks (VA) work is worth looking into.

DS is on Augmentin, Zithromycin and anti virals.

Hope any one of you here can help me with this puzzling behavior.

Many thanks

Nitshel

Hi

If you are doing antibiotics I assume he has now been dx PANS or PANDAS?

What does the doctor who prescribed the abx say about the tics increasing at those times?

Some people do have tics triggered by TMJ issues so I guess it may be worth looking into.

My PANDAS ds has very specific tic triggers as well. For him, it is tumbling (he's a competitive gymnast), running, and sometimes eating with a spoon. He only has motor tics (nose scrunch and mouth opening), so we're just rolling with it right now. Outside of those times he is essentially tic free.