ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. T. Genetic Testing

I had some genetic testing done for my child with Dr. T.... He wants me to do a phone consult to get results. It's going to be 300.00 dollars. To be honest, times are REALLY tough financially. I am planning on seeing Dr. Bock, and Dr. Najjar in the future. Can I bring the tests to them instead to read? So I can save some money? Also...are the tests hard to read? Are there red flags on tests that I may able to see myself??? Thanks!

Personally if I had no desire to see that Dr again I wouldn't pay the $300 for the consult. Any dr can interpret the labs for you and I'm pretty sure a lot of knowledgable people on this forum could help as well. The question is, are you done with Dr t? Or do you want to get the results and find out what Direction Dr t wants to run with given those results and then make your decision? Again, you are not obligated to do the phone consult and the labs legally belong to you.

Courtagen allows you to send the results to other doctors. All you have to do is call them and request the results be sent to another doctor. Your pediatrician perhaps? Another trusted doctor? I did this. I called Courtagen an added another doctor to receive the results.

My insurance rejected covering courtagen and the company told me it would cost 18,000 dollars or more to get it done. So I got 23&me and none of my local doctors have any idea how to interpret it.

Do the results really help any?

There are several past posts by llm about how to download and use a Zip file that 23andme makes available to you for free of your thousands o snps. There are two websites that I know that will process the data for you. one is geneticgenie.com and the other is mthfr.net. The former is free but asks for a donation. The latter is $20 but is more comprehensive. Then heartfixer.com and any yasko both have resources that can help you interpret the genetic info. Check llm's previous posts for more info.

Just for the record Courtagen offers a "finacial aid" program and it can reduce the cost to $0-$100. They sent us an email and it was very easy to fill out.

We are still waiting for Courtagen and 23andme....it has been weeks, so these things definitely take time.

T.Anna

DS15

Edited by T.Anna

Hi there,

We just returned yesterday from Dr. T. We also had the Genetic testing done and the 4 hour drive seemed to be well worth it $300. This treatment is very pricy sometimes and I get that. We found the information from Courtagen confusing and hopefully once we begin the vitamin regimen that Dr. T is encouraging us to do, we will see change. We are optimistic. We will be giving our sons adult doses of Iron, B-12, Multivitamin and Carnitine. For whatever reason, on a cellular level, the boys are not getting what they need from a healthy diet. They need an extra boost and hopefully this is it. We have finally cleared Myco P and are switched to a MTX dose of ABX now. I will keep you posted on our journey.

KK