ACN Latitudes Forums

Is anyone using oral IG treatment?

Our LLMD wanted us to try an oral bovine ig serum - Virapress. For me it caused huge inflammation after 3 days at 2 drops a day. I didn't try it with DD.

We use ResearchedNutritionals TransferFactor Multi-immune daily, astragalus (500 mg 3x weekly)

http://www.smart-publications.com/articles/astragalus-is-the-safe-and-effective-immune-system-enhancer

and ColdFx (a canadian made American ginseng extract daily in the winter as well) to boost the immune system. We also experienced inflammation dosing astragalus as recommended on the bottle (Buhner contraindicates high doses for use in chronic lyme and he was right), but 3x weekly seems good for us. Definately a boost in energy/vitality when starting out.

Edited by rowingmom

Rowingmom I don't want to go off topic but I used astralgus for infertility. It helps regrow teleomers which are the part of DNA that makes your eggs go bad when you get older. Not sure if it was coincident but I did get pregnant immediately after using it. I do recall there was some research that suggested it could also accelerate cancer growth. Have you come across that? On the original topic our llmd did bring up the bovine colostrum idea but I couldn't get comfortable with it.

Rowingmom I don't want to go off topic but I used astralgus for infertility. It helps regrow teleomers which are the part of DNA that makes your eggs go bad when you get older. Not sure if it was coincident but I did get pregnant immediately after using it. I do recall there was some research that suggested it could also accelerate cancer growth. Have you come across that? On the original topic our llmd did bring up the bovine colostrum idea but I couldn't get comfortable with it.

Can you share your concerns with bovine colostrum? Our naturapath just have us some for the whole family As an immune booster. Haven't started yet. Ds12 has low quantitative igm and this is supposed to help boost them but I am a bit leery . Feel free to pm if you prefer. Thx

Well, we just had our appt, and the doc felt she would not benefit from oral IgG. When he thought she might benefit, I guess he did not know the condition of her gut, and that we know her gut is not too bad off, he feels IVIG is best. He feels oral IgG is mainly for gut issues. Back to weighing the pros and cons of IVIG.