ACN Latitudes Forums

Vitamin D3 caused SEVERE insomnia.

Dr. T. said lower vitamin D, and he was right. It was wayyyyyy to strong for her. She was on 10000 ui, I now have her down to 4000 ui. It has been crazy over her!!!! She was buzzed and WIDE awake for many many many days. Thank God she slept by 2am last night. Late, but at least not up for 72 hours. Thanks so much everyone.

Yea that's too high. I accidentally took that amount for a few days and I was wired and anxious and couldn't sleep. 4,000 seems to be my limit. 2,000 may even be better while still therapeutic.

I cannot get my dd on vitamin d. She becomes extremely oppositional and grumpy. Also cries a lot on it. This is at 400 iu. Her llmd wants her at 4000 iu daily. This seems more than a herx because it does not diminish. I've tried 3 separate times and different brands. Her level is 24. Llmd says it needs to be higher for treatment to work. Time in the sun does not budge it. We've been monitoring it for 2 yrs.

Smarty- did you ever get your son past 200 iu? I recall you had problems as well.

LLM- do u have a possible explanation? Would the 23 test give a suggestion?

Trinitybella- my dd is no where as severe as ur daughter but on the bit d she becomes a mess. Can't go to school, has constant issues with her friends, wakes up yelling at the world. All behavioral Her dr could offer no explanation other than to try a different brand. I know its not the case. That's why I love this forum - know im not alone and crazy. We have done a lot of treatment and to see her backslide on vit d is very hard.

Ifran- so I take it ur not supplementing? Is his level low?

Anyone else children can't take it?

I did fine on a certain brand which I'll find out and post here later.

But when I switched brands and didn't know it was 10,000 IU I felt good for about 2 days, then severe anxiety, then insomnia. Just switching brands can have a huge impact I've found at least with myself.

The brand I'm thinking of they have it for babies as well, that one has been the best for me. Okay just googled it's called "carlson" and I get the drops. I have heard from several physicians that the drops are better absorbed (put them on the tongue).

At the begin. of treatment my ds took mk-7 along with vitamin D3 to help with absorbtion.

He has been taking 'AllergyResearchGroup' vit. D3 complete that also has vit. A and k2 in it as well. He no longer needs to take the MK-7 anymore. They are 2000 IU each. Not sure if they can be ordered on line. Will check.

We are all on these right now to get levels up.

Yes, DS is sort of low -- hovers around 22 for the past few years.

I have tried multiple forms and multiple brands (D2. D3, dry, etc) and I've just given up for now. Try for sunshine, but that's not really his thing either.

It's not at the top of the list.

Trinitybella- my dd is no where as severe as ur daughter but on the bit d she becomes a mess. Can't go to school, has constant issues with her friends, wakes up yelling at the world. All behavioral Her dr could offer no explanation other than to try a different brand. I know its not the case. That's why I love this forum - know im not alone and crazy. We have done a lot of treatment and to see her backslide on vit d is very hard.
Ifran- so I take it ur not supplementing? Is his level low?

Anyone else children can't take it?

There is some information that vitamin D needs to be balanced by vitamins A and K:

http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.com/2009/04/tufts-university-confirms-that-vitamin.html

I also came across this, but didn't read it yet:

New Evidence of Synergy Between Vitamins A and D: Protection Against Autoimmune Diseases:

http://www.westonaprice.org/blogs/cmasterjohn/2012/01/22/new-evidence-of-synergy-between-vitamins-a-and-d-protection-against-autoimmune-diseases/

Edited by Kayanne

Thanks smarty - I read your response in yourr post. We stopped it again. Dd shows symptoms immediately at 400iu. We r headed south to Rothman and need her at her best.

I cannot get my dd on vitamin d. She becomes extremely oppositional and grumpy. Also cries a lot on it. This is at 400 iu. Her llmd wants her at 4000 iu daily. This seems more than a herx because it does not diminish. I've tried 3 separate times and different brands. Her level is 24. Llmd says it needs to be higher for treatment to work. Time in the sun does not budge it. We've been monitoring it for 2 yrs.

Smarty- did you ever get your son past 200 iu? I recall you had problems as well.
LLM- do u have a possible explanation? Would the 23 test give a suggestion?