ACN Latitudes Forums

Low grade fever every day, but not all day

Ds, 14, has a low grade temperature every day ranging between 99.2 to 100. This is usually around midday. By evening his temperature is usually normal. I have been using old fashioned mercury thermometers to ensure consistency of readings.

He is on IV abx, so I hope this means we are driving the buggers out. Anyone else experience this?

My son experienced this for 6 weeks in the fall 2010 before I knew about this forum or too much about pandas much less lyme. Drs never thought much of it, but I kept a journal of temp. Everyday it would go up between 99-101. It always came back down. After about 6 weeks it stopped. He also had some trembling in his legs during this time period. Dr. thought restless leg syndrome but we didn't know what it was. Seemed like a seizure.

Ds, 14, has a low grade temperature every day ranging between 99.2 to 100. This is usually around midday. By evening his temperature is usually normal. I have been using old fashioned mercury thermometers to ensure consistency of readings.

He is on IV abx, so I hope this means we are driving the buggers out. Anyone else experience this?

Everyone has a "natural" body rise in temperature about 4pm or so depending on person's time of waking and going to sleep. Could be little earlier or later depending on one's normal schedule. Go up a degree or two. It's part of the body's circadian cycle. Nurses and docs actually call it a 4 o'clock temp and ignore it unless it persists throughout the day. Love me a mercury thermometer:) I have three and guard them like gold. Have been told you can't buy them anymore????

Yes I totally agree that temps will fluctuate throughout the day. Also 100 is barely co side red a fever but give. The circumstances we can not be too careful. The question I would be asking is does your child feel sick? Or is he being active and going on with his normal routine, whatever that might be. Activity can increase the temp as well as am is t temperature. But if he is having active symptoms of fever or illness the. I would be more concerned than just a fluctuation in temperature. Some kids do run higher or lower than norm so your child's baseline has to be taken into consideration as well as his normal body cycles.

My daughter used to run low grade fevers when her PANS flared the first time. She looked horrible back then. She was pale with dark circles under her eyes. She would run fever at various times of the day. Since she has been on antibiotics, she doesn't do that anymore. Also, her dark circles are gone.

Dedee

I don't think this is a circadian rhythm issue. He will be sitting at the computer and is so hot that he is sweating and complaining of being hot. Today, he was watching some television around noon and was sweating again, so he turned on the ceiling fan.

Could it be that as we are killing off the Lyme, that Babesia is rearing it's head? We are of mixed opinion about Babesia. One doctor said yes, one said no, and one said maybe...

I don't think this is a circadian rhythm issue. He will be sitting at the computer and is so hot that he is sweating and complaining of being hot. Today, he was watching some television around noon and was sweating again, so he turned on the ceiling fan.

Could it be that as we are killing off the Lyme, that Babesia is rearing it's head? We are of mixed opinion about Babesia. One doctor said yes, one said no, and one said maybe...

Gotta love the consensus of information we get sometimes :wacko: huh?