ACN Latitudes Forums

Enhansa

Started enhansa three months ago or so. I've been able to get DS off Motrin and he's doing pretty well. I recommend trying it. We started out low and worked our way up to the current dose of 600 mg. DS doc wrote a prescription for it and our insurance pays for it, less our 20% copay.

We use the similar, cheaper product (bio-enhanced curcumin) that we get from amazon. It is just over $25.00 for 120 caps. My daughter and I both take it. It has relieved the greatest majority of my arthritis and sciatica pains. I noticed a wonderful change in my energy level and reduced pain within two weeks. Kiddo seems better on it than off. It also is supposed to help eliminate yeast in the gut. You are supposed to start slow and build up to a higher dose. We are now both taking 500mg twice a day.

Just about everyone I know who's used this loves it. But of course I have a contrary experience. DD didn't do well on it - made her irritable - maybe because it's a high sulfur and she is CBS+/-. DS got extremely angry on it - in a way that I couldn't imagine pushing thru. Curcumin is an MAO-A inhibitor and DS is MAO-A - so the last thing he needs is more MAO-A inhibition. Maybe it just made him too high in dopamine, which can lead to aggression and quick temper. IDK. But it was a no-go for us.

Worth trying, since I haven't heard of it being a problem for most people and it's not expensive. Hope it works for you!

You can add us to the love category. We started this very slow for DD, 150 MG day and then worked to 300. Because of DD's prolonged elevated Myco we went up to 600.

I'm not sure specifically what the it was, because we started this with some other stuff, but I saw a lot of improvement so I'm a believer. As a huge side bonus, DD's asthma had a huge improvement with this and quercetin.

I inched up to the dosage very slowly and never saw a major herx. My friend tried this for her daughter though (Lyme) and had a big herx. As with everything I recommend going low and slow.

Another no herx here. We did 150 mg for a week, then added 150 each week until we reached 600. Been doing 600 for 2 months. DS doc is considering raising the dose again when we see her in Aug. With insurance, I'm paying $9 plus shipping each month.