ACN Latitudes Forums

Looking For A Pasta Sauce Recipe

Does anybody know of a pasta sauce recipe that is free of dairy, gluten, corn, soy, potatoes, and sugar? Please none that consist of only veggies. It doesn't have to be a spaghetti like sauce as I think all of that has sugar in it, but just something that would be tasty to put on pasta. Anybody have any ideas?

Carolyn

Carolyn,

I make a pasta sauce using: onion, garlic, diced tomatoe, tomatoe paste, oregano and basil with olive oil. Is this what you are looking for? Also, sometimes i like to add red pepper to the sauce to mellow it out, so it is less acidic. You didn't mention meat, so you can add ground meat of choice to the sauce to make it yummier.

Patty

Carolyn,

This sauce is best with brown rice fettucine.

2T safflower oil

4C chopped mixed peppers(Red, green, yellow.)

1lb asparagus

2T fresh dill weed

1/2 tsp sea salt + more to taste

Heat oil, and saute peppers. Chop asparagus into one inch lengths Add asparagus and dill to peppers, saute until vegys are soft, add salt. Mix through the pasta.

Pesto

1 1/4c grated zucchini

1/2c safflower oil

1tsp sea salt

1c fresh basil

In a blender, puree the zucchini and oil. Add salt and mix.

Add basil leaves one fourth at a time. Chop. For a smoother consistency, puree.

Mix with pasta.

Enjoy,

C.P.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm guessing tomato paste has sugar in it. Tomato's actually one of my food allergies so it would be nice if I can get away from tomatoes.

I'll try the Pesto as that has all things that I have tried and like.

Carolyn

I make my own spaghetti sauce, sometimes.

I just toss several tomatoes (it takes many) into a food processor, blend them, and pour it all into a pot. Then, I use Italian seasoning (found in the spice section of a grocery store), sea salt, black pepper, a little granulated garlic, and olive oil. I also add a bit of fructose, but since you don't want any sugar, you could leave that out. Anyway, keep it stirred and boiling until you get it to the right consistency you want. It takes a while for the water to boil off...longer for the more tomatoes you used. If you other fruits included, you could toss them in--yellow squash or zucchini, tomato chunks, whatever...I don't like any chunky things in my sauce. You could also use chopped garlic from a fresh bulb, if you prefer. If you like onions, you could cut up some of that...ick. LOL

Red lentils simmered till soft and fluffy then add oil of your choice to consistency of your choice. I would use olive oil ( but if you are trying to avoid salicylates then sunflower or safflower ...does not taste so good though!)You could also saute onions, garlic and veg of choice and then puree. Sweet potatoes (the orange ones) might be OK for you and are very nutritious and well tasty! You could add meat if you want to this mixture too.

Good luck!