ACN Latitudes Forums

What are you using for detox?

Hi, Vitamin C will help but in our case not enough. We also use NAC and Milk Thistle as well as saunas and epsom salt baths. Plus, finding out that they have the MTHFR gene mutation that makes detox hard was key in starting to help us.

We also use C in high doses but as Susan commented it's not enough. We also use NAC, milk thistle, curcumin, alpha lipoic acid, omega 3, allithiamine, Epsom salts baths, saunas, water w-lemon, and glutathione IVs to help detox.

Yes thyroid was checked. Thank so much. My daugter has the C677T Single mutation. Is this the mutation your talking about? Is this common with bartonella/pans? Also...I was told by doctor that folate is needed. Are you doing anything else for this mutation. Thanks!

Can you post her thyroid numbers?

C677T single mutation is pretty common in the general population, but a lot of kids here seem to be popping up with the double mutation.

How much folate are you giving her, and what kind? Also, usually you need b12 or methylb12 along with the folate. But it's tricky. I would ask for medical help with this.

One of my dd's have double a1298c and the other has one c677t and one a1298c. Since this can cause detox issues, I think they can stay sick longer than someone without. I believe even one mutation can cause a problem with detox, maybe just not as much. But I'm still learning about all this.