ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone know if Dr. Rahman at Rothman still taking Aetna?

I just called to confirm our appointment in August for 3 weeks of intensive treatment at Rothman and the woman informed me that some of their doctors are no longer going to be in-network with Aetna as of July 1. She couldn't tell me whether Dr. Rahman will still take Aetna - does anyone know? I'm freaking out a bit, because this will take the cost of the therapy from about $300 to somewhere between $2,250 and $3,300. That's before airplane tix and housing. I think our insurance will cover some at out-of-network rates, but this is never more than 50%.

I emailed Dr. Rahman after I spoke with them, but haven't heard back yet. The woman who handles insurance is going to call me Monday, but I'd like to know sooner. This is really upsetting and I don't want to spend the weekend worrying about it.

After reading your post, I called to confirm our upcoming session with Dr. R, and to make sure it is still being covered by insurance. I called the intake process number. Was told it is covered in network for us (we have United though).

geez...I hope you don't have to cancel. I like Ifran's suggestion if needed.

Edited by philamom

So I spoke to Dr. Rahman and he is no longer in network with Aetna. :( He said Dr. Jacob is covered by Aetna and has worked with some PANDAS kids. Has anyone worked with her? Any feedback?

We are in such a tough spot with school, I am inclined to stay with Dr. Rahman and just suck up the cost. I think we'll get partial reimbursement for out-of-network expense. But I'm waiting to see if anyone here has worked with Dr. Jacob and whether they think she's really good.

The good news is he moved us up to July 29th, so ds won't miss any school!