ACN Latitudes Forums

Monolaurin - need recommendations

I'm wanting to add some monolaurin for DD8 who seems to be drunk with yeast (not on abx). She's taking molybdenum to help break down the adelhyde released by yeast (which is what causes the drunken behaviors). But she had to stop taking garlic once I learned she has a CBS mutation and struggles with sulfites.

For those who use/have used monlaurin, what brand/dose did you find effective? I cannot use Lauricidin - already tossed one jar of it a few years ago because no way were my kids putting those waxy balls into their mouths. I need a capsule form.

Hello, dear. Not on forum much because of travels.....which means we have been doing well here. (HALLELUJAH CHORUS INSERTED HERE) Monolauric acid is (if I remember correctly) high in sulfur. If your child has CBS morph, proceed with caution. We had a great summer a few years ago when taking small doses (1 T daily in juice) of virgin coconut oil (which is monolauric acid). However, we do not have the CBS morph. I am a big fan and, if you google "monolaurin + CDC", you will see that even the CDC states that there is nothing more effective against virus (98% effective). That being said....my daughter ACTS like a CBS mutation and presents with high ammonia, high AKG, and high cysteine. She also has a negative response to sulfa drugs. While the coconut oil worked great a few summers ago, I recently introduced monolaurin as part of her protocol and she did not do well AT ALL. Instead of the virgin coconut oil, I tried the monolaurin capsules by Ecological Formulas that I bought from our PA. It may have been a herx response, but it was so bad that I took her off of it after a few days. It also had a small amount of inosine in it so that may have been the difference. I may try the virgin cocnut oil again later this summer as I think it is more pure, organic, and milder. This is my only experience with monolaurin.

The clarithromycin has been amazing for us, thus far. I am writing this as an affirmation and trusting that the other shoe will not drop. :-)

Health and hope.

Queenmother

I would recommend this website for monolaurin. www.ourkidsasd.com its the lee silsby compounding pharmacy. I trust the products on this website and you can search under yeast management for all the products that will help including monolaurin capsules.

Also my son also can have the drunk look when yeast is flaring and an extra dose of sach B in the evening helps.

Good luck.

I'm wanting to add some monolaurin for DD8 who seems to be drunk with yeast (not on abx). She's taking molybdenum to help break down the adelhyde released by yeast (which is what causes the drunken behaviors). But she had to stop taking garlic once I learned she has a CBS mutation and struggles with sulfites.

For those who use/have used monlaurin, what brand/dose did you find effective? I cannot use Lauricidin - already tossed one jar of it a few years ago because no way were my kids putting those waxy balls into their mouths. I need a capsule form.

QM - so glad for you and DD!!!! Unfortunately, my own DD would never ingest coconut oil. She needs capsules that disguise any taste, even a taste most of us would like. It seems many anti-yeast, anti-fungals are high sulfite. I may try OLE for a few days. Or maybe some A-FNG I have on hand. Even if it too is a problem CBS-wise, the drunken sailor has got to be evicted from the house. I'd rather get rid of the yeast while restricting other foods and upping the moly, and then deal with CBS aftershocks.

Hugs - my kids don't tolerate Sacc B at all. Makes them very angry. Have tried it even when yeast wasn't a problem and it resulted in a lot of defiance and yelling. But thank for the link. I'll do some browsing.

Hi - you've probably thought of these ideas but can you get away with it in food for your dd?

We use it as the oil in pancake mix, cook the pancakes in loads of oil (the bubbles seem to soak it up really well when cooking) and on the pancakes instead of butter. My ds won't have it on top as well tho' but dd will. They think they're getting treated :)

My mom also swears by pastry made with coconut oil and says she can't taste that it is any different from normal

, for both savory and sweet

LOL at your drunken sailor. We also struggle with yeast issues as you know. I have recently just re-introduced enhansa back into our arsenal but only at a very low dose. I know you have to be careful with enhansa with CBS mutations but Dr. Yasko says at very low doses it works well to keep ammonia levels down and help with yeast. My daughter only takes it once daily and so far no problems. I am adding a quote from Dr Yasko from another board where she posts. Maybe it will be helpful.

"For instance, I know trehalose is a sugar. It is a natural sugar. It helps to reduce glutamate,helps those with Huntingtons (ie adult neurological issues) it helps to stabilize SAMe which is especially critical for adults and kids on this program, and it helps with yeast issues. Xylitol is a natural sugar that actually kills strep. So, someone who is a diet expert, may see those as sugars, I see those as tools to help with strep and glutamate."

Dedee

Edited by Dedee