ACN Latitudes Forums

could it be diet alone?

When we went to environmental physician 2 monghs ago ds was ticcing (mostly vocals) pretty much all day. Dr started him on high dose muti, borage oil, p-5-p, magnesium citrate and a probiotic. We also started him on GFCF, no artificial anything, low sugar diet. We saw improvement with the supplements and it tapered off a while then picked up again. We started using candida clear a few days ago. Saw some increase in tics with that but nothing dramatic. Today i decided to just give the candida clear and nothing else to see if we got more herxing. And...nothing. we had less tics today than we have had since his tic explosion in February. What could this mean? Could it have been as simple as diet and after 2 months of clean eating his gut has sufficiently healed to the point that the supplements are now more of a henderence than a help? Is this possible? Has anyone seen a dramatic improvement with diet alone?

Also we have him on allergy injections. He has bad alletgies.the injectiions have helped tremendously with his allergies. Also have to add he was on adhd meds and three allergy meds for three years. We stopped them all a few weeks prior to seeing our environmental MD.

I don't have a complete answer yet, but I truly believe it can be diet. If we let ds eat dairy, the motor tic returns. Doesn't eat it, it's gone. I've been dropping dyes and artificial things out of ds's diet and the vocal tic is fading. After we get back from a trip we're taking we're probably going to do a gluten free trial.

Marissa

Yes, we have had members pass through here who have discovered that dietary modifications/GIT healing was the right treatment for their child.

Not every child that tics is deficient in various supplements. Most of the nutritional supps discussed here are specific to TS rather than to tics caused by other triggers.

Fingers crossed. DS woke up not ticcing this morning. He did tic a few times after he was up and moving but they were mild. He usually starts ticcing as soon as he begins the wake up process. Withheld his supplements all day yesterday. Going to withhold them today too, except for the Candida Clear and the Probiotic. Hope he continues to show improvement today. Thinking of starting the SCD this weekend. Hoping to see even more improvement with that.

Edited by my2sons