ACN Latitudes Forums

How is ART form of muscle testing done?

(My intention here is simply to get more information so as to make an informed decision in my son's treatment - not looking to start an argument. Anyone who prefers to pm me, I understand & welcome any info you would like to share.)

We have made an appt for our son to see an LLMD who uses ART in his practice. We are open to the possibility of people having electro-magnetic fields and the manipulation of those being able to affect our health. However, we are concerned about whether there is any attempt to mentally or spiritually manipulate anything as we are NOT open to that.

I have read about the process for muscle testing - I'm not sure if ART differs significantly (it does not sound like it). Can anyone here share with me if this is similar to Klinghardt's method with biofeedback machines & the like or some of the specifics of how it is employed?

Thanks!

~Grace

Edited by GraceUnderPressure

We had muscle testing done on my son several years ago after exhausting every other possible avenue to dx my sons bizarre and severe GI problems. I had several friends that swore this doc was incredible at diagnosing. But I hVe to say, it was a total waste of to r and money. He basically took a full history then put my son through a series of "tests" and made some guesses based on the history I told him. I suppose there could be legit practitioners out there but our experience was not helpful, laughable in fact

Thanks, JoyBop - so did your LLMD just do the muscle testing or did he also use the biofeedback machines? Did he claim to be able to manipulate energy with his own energy or anything along those lines?

Frankly, I'm not bothered by it even if it should turn out that it's just quackery if the LLMD I'm looking at can still help my son despite it. My concern is that upon researching it, I find that some of the people out there using this stuff are tinkering with things that go against my family's religious beliefs & that's the line we cannot cross for any reason - not even for the possibility of healing.

He was not an MD I will have to look up for you exactly what he was. Maybe a chiropractor. He prescribes herbal remedies and I though it was a total hoax. Yes, he did talk about energies and metaphysical things. That was where he lost me. I wasn't looking to him for treatment per se, just a clue as to we were missing to give us a new avenue to explore.

Example of the nonsense: I told him I am a metal smith but stopped working while I was pregnant. He asked anout my work and I told him I work on silver. He told me after muscle testing that he had too much silver in his system. What remedy did he prescribe? Would you believe a silver concoction? I said, if he has too much silver in his system why would you give him more? As I said, totally bogus. But I was desperate for answers so I was willing to try anything. This guy has a great rep. But I was not won over.

When I went looking for a 'good' doctor that could treat lyme (did not know about LLMDs) I just found the most famous one on-line that happened to be close to my house. He is an MD which is what I was looking for since I had no knowledge of any other kind of medicine. Since he was booked out pretty far, my son ended up with an ND in his office and they all practice ART (did not know what this was at the time).

Now, 2+ yrs. later no one in my family goes to any other dr. I tried recently because of costs and ended up with my son's dr. because there is just no comparison. There are 3 levels are ART testing that Klinghardt teaches to other doctors. So you would want to know what level the practitioner is at in the training and the length of time they have been doing it. There are other 'muscle testing' techniques but I can only speak to the one that Klinghardt teaches very basically (we see a dr. in his office).

The first visit to the dr. for testing, I was, you might say, intrigued by the testing. The Dr. has my son lie down on the bed with arms stretched over his head and systematically ART checks every organ, facial area etc. down to the stomach area. Then she puts each testing kit (lyme, co-infections, parasites, mold etc.) on a 'platter-plastic' to see if he tests 'yes' or 'no' for that bacterial etc. Then she put different supplements on that platter to see which one his body wants for treating that particicular infection etc. Then the supplements that he is taking are checked in the same manner.

At first it was hard to believe that this would work. Now, I am a true believer. Every blood test that has come back confirms her diagnosis. She was able to start treatment right away while we waited for blood work to come back. They do have certain protocols, if you will, to treat for certain things but they always ART test every product, with you, before you take it.

This office treats the entire body. Detox is a given at the beginning and continues throughout treatment. This ND uses every kind of medicine (prescriptions/naturopathic/homeopathic). The supplements are very expensive (more than dr. visits) but one supplement treats many things at the same time. They are also aware of costs so do find ways of getting lower costing treatment/medicine if they can.

They do have some 'machines' for treatment but my son has never used any of them. They charge extra for those and most are located at a 'spa' away from the office.

Hope this helps, it is a bit difficult to explain. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

'

That is the exact process my child was put through but without the accurate results. Inside the exam room there were hundreds of little vials filled with different foods, allergens, medications, ect. He would hold it over him and test the muscle response. He also wanted us to pay $$$ To send DS hair out to a lab. Our doctor told us it was a waste bc anything that is in the hair is old information and won't help. He also told us to check for metals in blood lab but there were none found. We were sold some potions in the way out the door that were expensive but seemingly harmless. It was an interesting experience but in my opinion they were all guesses based in the information and concerns I had given. In hindsight and what I would suggest to you is to withhold your particular concerns Re Lyme, strep, ect and see what they come up with. If you went in with the concern if Lyme, I'm afraid that's what he would tell you. If however you don't mention it and he is correct and comes up with it in his own, I'd be very impressed.

That is the exact process my child was put through but without the accurate results. Inside the exam room there were hundreds of little vials filled with different foods, allergens, medications, ect. He would hold it over him and test the muscle response. He also wanted us to pay $$$ To send DS hair out to a lab. Our doctor told us it was a waste bc anything that is in the hair is old information and won't help. He also told us to check for metals in blood lab but there were none found. We were sold some potions in the way out the door that were expensive but seemingly harmless. It was an interesting experience but in my opinion they were all guesses based in the information and concerns I had given. In hindsight and what I would suggest to you is to withhold your particular concerns Re Lyme, strep, ect and see what they come up with. If you went in with the concern if Lyme, I'm afraid that's what he would tell you. If however you don't mention it and he is correct and comes up with it in his own, I'd be very impressed.

So sorry you had such a poor experience. Our Dr. office will only see patients who are open to their treatment methods and they have other requirements as well (all organic diet).

We did do 'hair/vitamin testing' and it was very informative regarding heavy metals and vitamin absorption in the stomach. After some treatment, we did another (insurance paid for this test) and found that more heavy metals were leaving the body in the hair and that vitamin absorbtion had increased substantially. Good confirmation that what we were doing was working. Have not done the test again.

Hope you find healing in whatever you decide.

grace -- I don't have personal experience with specifically an ART practitioner -- however, I have read and seen web lectures of Klinghardt. we do see an integrative MD who uses something kinda/sorta like ART.

I would ask you what your thoughts are on acupuncture. I consider the energy "manipulation" to be of this type. if that is okay with you, you'd likely be okay with what you're thinking of pursuing; if not, perhaps not. also, i'd ask you what you are thinking to do with the information you receive -- it would likely guide a path of supplements, diet, perhaps traditional meds -- would you think to follow it to the letter, pick and choose or say no thanks -- that may also help guide your decision on going in the first place.

we do not see dr o. however, I did see her speak at a recent TACA meeting and found her very interesting. she is a rather traditional doc -- however, she does have a practitioner that has some type of relationship with or refers people to - she has a link on her website and she did mention it at this lecture -- that has a very good website that has good explanations of this type of medicine that you may find helpful. you can look at the website at http://cornerstoneintegrativecare.com/

good luck in your decisions.

I believe he us a homeopathic chiropractor that has become almost like a primary care provider. This guy really has a great reputation and I have friends that swear by him. He claims to have the highest level if training for muscle testing but I couldn't find his bio online to tell you what that was. I was very disappointed because I really did go into it with an open mind.

JoyBop,

Homeopathic is much different than allopathic or ART. There is a book called "Impossible Cure" that describes homeopathy in detail. Based on that your doctor might have been very good, just not for you, or not for you at the time. If insurance covered it I would love to incorporate it into our mix.

Our LLMD respects homeopathy, but it would not be his first choice for Lyme and Co-infection treatment - but he comes from an infectious disease background. Still, he gave us the name of one should we ever want to go that way. My dd is healthy now so we are happy with the choices we made.

ART is very different and practiced differently by different doctors from what I understand. Our ART doc is also an MD. Gives me comfort.

I have no idea what this docs credential at as it was many years ago. He said he had the highest level is muscle testing but as we all know, some docs have it and some docs don't!!

Wish you all the best with whichever docs or treatments that are gpful and comforting. If go to an exorcist if someone told me it would work.

• 4 weeks later...

By the way, biofeedback isn't actually in any way "energy medicine", though it's easy to confuse the two things if only because it's often favoured by the same people who are into "energy medicine". You're all right with that one.

Biofeedback is the one where the patient has a machine that measures and displays a particular body function - for instance, heart rate, or a particular kind of brainwaves - and uses that to train themselves to consciously control that function to some extent. There were some very interesting scientific results with it in the early days, so I've heard, but it went out of fashion among serious scientists because the New Age types took it up. Nothing supernatural involved - it's just been keeping bad company.

I don't know where you're up to by now, but I wish you the best of luck.

Edited by Wombat140

Does anyone know if there is a website or a list somewhere that gives the names of physicians who offer this type of care by state? I think it would be good if we had that available for those who are interested because even if you decide to persue this it is so hard to know which physicians are really helpful and credible in this field and which ones are bogus.

Dedee