ACN Latitudes Forums

Course of TS

Cara I also had to remove myself from one of the fb groups thats i was on. I couldn't read the posts anymore. I coudn't relate to many on it as they were jumping from one med to another and not interested in any other idea's which is fine if thats what they choose but it wasn't/isnt the path we are on. Also my son doesn't have any co-morbids that most of their children had so i coudn't relate to posts about 'rages' and behavioural issues etc. Don't feel bad about it, You have to keep positive energy and thoughts and do whats best for you and your son.

I think i've mentioned before my son was also one of the fussiest kids ever! He didn't even like things that other kids usually did like party pies, sausage rolls, lollies etc but after we started the diet changes and healing his gut it's like he is a different kid. He is so willing to try new foods, He eats all meats for the first time in 6years and i actually have some meal options that i can at least hide vegies in! My son did initially drop some weight when we first changed his eating and it worried me as he was/is small for his age but he quickly put it back on when his eating improved.

One thing my son loves is garlic bread so we do our own version on gluten/yeast/dairy free bread every morning. I rub lots of raw garlic on the toast and then smother it with coconut oil.

I also slowly took my son of dairy by first changing to lactose free milk then doing half/half with rice milk and now he fully has rice milk and i intend to do start making almond milk for better nutrition. I had always thought dairy was a big no no for ridding candida?

Stay strong and keep going :)

Here is the issue. There is no way I can give him his probiotic if he doesn't have yogurt. He won't take it in anything else. I think his sensory issues are stopping him from trying new foods. Plus, he craves processed foods like chips and cookies because of the yeast. Do you think I will see even a little progress if I keep giving him the GSE and slowly try to eliminate some of the offending foods? We are gluten/corn free but he does get a little ketchup and a low sugar cookie a couple of times a week. I also allow ice cream once in a while. I feel horrible but he is 5 and this diet is killing him. He is fighting me every single step of the way.

Currently, we are on a GFCF, no artificial anything, no white sugar diet but next weekend we are starting the Carbohydrate Specific diet. My DS is 9, soon yo be 10 and I have been praeching the importance of diet to him all his life so he is actually eager to do whatever I throw at him. I love him. He is such a champ. We also take a probootic and various oyher supplements: borage oil, multi, magnisium, epsom salt baths, cherry juice, l -carnitine, flaxseed oil, p -5-p. He hss improved about 50% and then stopped. Still tics a good bit at night. His tics have started morphing since starting the candida clear (his are mostly vocal) and he is making some really odd sounds. We also use coconut oil. It' s really good on toast with pnut butter or jelly ( i use polaner all fruit) . Also, check out chocolate covered katie.com for some great gfcf recipes using sugar alternatives and coconut oil. I make everything for my kids from scratch. Stay away from processed foods as much as possible. We have only just begun this journey too ( about 2 months in) and i know healing takes time. Many parents post it taking 6 months or more yo see the results of a good diet so i am holding on to that hope. I will say this, my DS just started basketball for the first time and he was the ONLY kid still on his feet, and not even breathing heavy, after the suicide sprints.

I experienced the same as logismum, Cara. My DS will try so many more foods now. He asks for diff foods and does not seem to crave the sugar he once did. He wants more protein now. You will be surprised what kids will eat when the are hungry. I just removed all offending foods from my house so they (or me) did not have a choice. Both of my kids eat so much better now. And they do not fight it anymore. I might also add that they seem more in control of their eating too.

He ate eggs and bacon for breakfast with organic OJ and yogurt with probiotics. I will try a turkey burger for lunch but what else to give to him with it? Just water? what do you put on it? i know I sound silly but I am not very great around the kitchen. He has had a pretty good diet as best as i can for the 5 years he has been alive but he did drink a lot of juice which I have stopped as of now.

well, the reason I ask, is the first phase of the CSD is the intro phase which is basically just protein for 2 to 5 days (we are going to shoot for three days). He can have chicken soup (made only with chicken and carrots), turkey breast, turkey burgers, hamburger patties, chicken breast, eggs, and I think lean pork (like boneless, lean pork chops) and I think cooked carrots. the meat can be broiled, boiled, baked and maybe grilled. He can eat as much as he wants, He just has to eat only these foods for up to 5 days. drink only water or green tea and I think coconut water, maybe. you can google CSD diet and find the info. I know that two to three days of this kind of eating will put one in ketosis which will decrease his craving for sugar. after the intro phase you start adding back in other foods slowly, one at a time over a course of a few days to see how he reacts. This is what we are going to start on Friday. I can't wait to see how his tics are when doing this or after. They advise that you will get a die off reaction and they will feel very bad in the beginning because of the detox. You will have to Google and read to see if it is something for your DS. The book does suggest stopping all supplements in the introductory phase and then slowly introducing them back in one at a time. There is a book to guide you: We Band of Mothers and/or Breaking the Vicious Cycle. Also some Web sites pecanbread.com and breakingtheviciouscyle.org. Good info out there. It is suggested to read one of the books all the way through prior to beginning. My understanding is it is an all or nothing diet.

We are gluten and corn free. Low sugar Nd nothing artificial. It's the best I can do with him. I just want to reduce the yeast with the GSE I give him. Hoping it will reduce the tics. I can not be overly strict like that diet requires. It just won't work for us.