ACN Latitudes Forums

Another question about a possible early sign of issues

Dh and I were talking last night about ds and his tics. One thing that we observed is that when ds was younger (probably from age 2 and up), if he was in trouble or really uncomfortable or upset, his face would start blotching. He would get red splotches on his face. They were almost like hives, but wouldn't raise or itch. I'm not even sure he knew it happened. Now in those situations where he used to get the splotches, he tics instead.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any bright ideas on if the 2 are connected or related or why? We asked our pediatrician at the time about it and he had no real answers about it.

Marissa

He was just allergy tested. Nothing we didn't already know about showed up. The allergist was an arrogant, self-righteous jerk who was very unhelpful.

I'll try and remember to ask our family dr. about it next time. We just always joked that ds would be a horrible poker player because of it.

Marissa

Dont know if this is related but got dd skin pricked when I had ds in for it bc was concerned that her ears would turn red at times. She was 4 at the time an nothing showed up on skin prick but me and allergist noticed her ears got bright red and a little of her check an she recommended a blood test for allergies. Dd would not get it don screamed an cried. We got another test and is milk and gluten sensitive along with limited sugar and others. But the change is skin I would think is a concern. There could defiantly be something causing it.

Mar