ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone Tried Coconut Oil For Healthy Fats/ Fighting Infection?

I use it to cook and like you would use butter or shortening. We also apply it liberally as a lotion. It's great on yeast rashes too. When we're out at events, family, restaurants; we notice the kids are a train wreck with the diet interruption. But that's a mix of exposure to unhealthy fats, sugars, etc. I think the cumulative effect of the different things like coconut oil does help.

Kiddo takes a tablespoon of the extra virgin coconut oil every day. I started with the capsules, but you have to give 15 capsules to equal a tablespoon of the oil. Now kiddo loves to just have two tablespoons of peanut butter mixed in with her coconut oil and she just eats it out of the bowl. Her daddy tried it and says it is yummy :D. I cannot say I have noticed any difference, but I keep it up since she loves it so much.

We use it for cooking. Good as a popcorn oil.

For kids, we use Lauricidin. We noticed very limited amounts of viral infections in the kiddos this past winter/school year. We believe in it but more so the "all but the kitchen sink" approach to health as it pertains to vitamins, minerals, omegas etc......We were told strait teaspoon of coconut oil would suffice in place of the Lauricidin.

I've used it yes in smoothies and oatmeal. But if I take a scoop it makes me tired and feel hot and flushed all over.

Maybe start out small doses. I can only sprinkle it really, it certainly has some effect on me. Not seen any benefit, just tastes good I think.

I added coconut oil to my diet a few months ago. I cook with it and combine it with fresh lemon juice for a great salad dressing. I'm feeling much better with Lyme treatment, mold illness treatment, and a fairly strict diet (GF, CF, SF, no alcohol, lots of veggies). I'm not sure how much benefit I get from the coconut oil itself, but its part of my overall healthy eating plan.

DS hates it and knows immediately if I try to sneak a little in, so we haven't added it to his diet at this point. At some point we will.