My son's tics gone about 85%

Cum Passus

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

patty,

Happy New year to you too.

I have never heard of the product you talked about.

So my child is never on it.

The thing with natural calm it comes with Zinc.

It might or might not affect your child in a positive or negative way.

What I am saying is...in short the extract zinc in KID'S CALM(not natural calm for grown up) has zinc..

it has helped with my son's allergy.

Again..these things take months or even year to see overall improvement.

I do think if your child has a copper/zinc imbalance then too much zinc or copper can be bad.

Claire please jump in on this matter.

Thanks

Daniel,

It is a good thing that i ordered both Natural Calm for adult & kids. The reason is because of the added zinc and C, so i wasn't sure. But since my son does have allergies, i thought that may be helpful, as i am already giving 250mg vit C for the last 7 days. However, i am concerned about giving zinc for a long term basis. From what i understand, zinc should not be given long term. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I thought you were giving your son guanfincine, it is a blood pressure medication for tics. Sorry - i read so many posts somethimes i get confused B)

Patty

Patty,

I have never heard at least from this board about not giving kids long term zinc.

Most of us in this board actually gives more than the daily allowance of Zinc to their kids for many years.

Zinc I believe can be found naturally in red meat and oyster. It is natural to our bodies.

Unless there is a different in the type of zinc from food source vs supplemental source.

The amount in kid's calm is below the RDA anyway.

Probiotic is also very good in his allergy since it increase his overall immune system.

Daniel

• 2 weeks later...

O.K.Guys,

I'm happy and almost can't believe how well my son is doing. All week my son didn't let out a release of tics after school. I was waiting for Sat. so I could see him all day. He would say he did good in school, but I wanted to see for myself. This morning he only let out 2 tics. Went to the batting cages today and he made the comment on how he had not ticced all day. We asked him if he knew why, he said he didn't know. This is almost to good to be true. This child yelled almost non-stop for a year. Sometimes I wonder if he was waxing that long and is now waning. I really hope it is the Natural Calm since it is the only thing we started and saw some change. Introduced the calcium last week and hope to start the zinc soon. Have cut back on the Risperdal, but not stopped all yet. I'm watching him play football outside with the neighbor boys he looks great. I can't tell you how much hope this gives me. When you go that long you begin to think nothing will work.

Patty have you started your son on the Natural Calm?

C.P.

PS hoping this week will be just as good, coming upon a new moon.

C.P.

I am so happy & excited for you & your son that Natural Calm is working for you. That goes to show perservance and lots of prayers help.

I have been taking Natural Calm for myself and it is helping with my stress & back pain. I am also sleeping better.

I still have not give the Kids Calm to my son because my son is seeing a new chiropractor next week and i don't want to do anything different.

CP, how much Natual Calm are you giving to your son? And what kind of calcium are you giving him? I am having a hard time finding a quality calcium in a chewable or powder form for my son since he is unable to swallow.

Patty

Patty,

I started with one tsp, checked when nature called. (O.K.) He is now up to the 3 tsp. I put lemon juice in it. I got KAL calcium citrate 1000 mg I do have to crush them and put them in kefir or yogurt. The bottle said quality and superior absorption. I chose this because it didn't have anything in it he couldn't have. I also baught KAL crystal calcium unflavored drink mix. It is calcium as gluconate, and lactate. It has vit.D too.This seems easy but haven't tried it yet.

Your a lot like me, I don't like to do 2 new things at the same time.

C.P.

We seem to be doing very well on the Natural calm, he is 8, we were giving him about 2 tbs but his stool starting getting loose so we have backed off.

Is calcium necessary with the Natural Calm mag? I know all the other forms include the 2-1 ration for Calc/Mag, but I was't sure if we needed to give him Calcium with the Natural Calm.

Hi lmcgill

I would feel that calcium should still be part of the vitamin/mineral supplement you give. If he is getting a lot of dairy and calcium from other sources, then the calcium in his multi should be fine

A 2:1 ratio of calcium to magnesium is recommended, and tho this is an approximation, yet one can try to balance this way as best possible

Just a point tho...you say you were giving two tablespoons??? of Natural Calm....I assume you mean TEASPOONS as the max dose per serving is recommended at 3 TEASPOONS, but many people find one TEASPOON quite sufficient

Interestingly, my son doesnt like the Natural Calm tho my husband sure does. My son says it relaxes him, but that he does not find that it helps his tics in the way that his regular magnesium supp does