ACN Latitudes Forums

My dd16 is scheduled to start clarithromycin in the am and I have been reading the insert. It states that it could cause psychosis and, Lord knows, we have dealt with enough of that with the disease so I don't want it with the treatment. I see that several of you have experience with clarithromycin/biaxin and I am hoping that you can share your experiences with me. I am doubly worried because we are flying cross-country on Wednesday and I really do not want to create a problem. She is currently doing pretty well, although we are still dealing with eating issues and a very short fuse. She hasn't really been raging, however, and I am afraid to give her something that could trigger a backslide. I need to get her started on it because her summer is short and we need to get as much healing done as possible before school starts again. Soooo.....anyone have experiences? The good, the bad, the ugly????

Thanks so much for taking time to help.

QueenMother

Its been wonderful for my daughter, bringing her Myco titers down. She has been on it since January (or February?) and no psychosis here. Just make sure to use a good probiotic.

Edited by peglem

My son has taken biaxin twice. The first time was at diagnosis and he took it for two months. We saw an amazing turn around. After several years if not taking it, he's been on it for two months already. He's doing really well, no psychosis. You can sometimes get a die off or herx reaction when you give abx and there is a lot of killing off of bacteria. My son was 6 at diagnosis and he's now 9.

Thank you all so much for your input. I'm giving it a shot to see if we can resolve some of the restrictive eating issues. It could be a verrrrrry long flight if it throws her off-kilter. I hope it helps her as much as it seems to have helped you all.

With a grateful heart,

QueenMother