ACN Latitudes Forums

HERX SYMPTOMS

Hello all..pandas asd child ex Lyme Bart on clinical sx..just starting rifampin for one week,then do. Ants to add in augmentin for pans...did not do blood test, so if this is try Lyme Bart, when will I see improvement on rifampin, what to look for?..also do all kids HERX and if bad sx do I stop or keep going on.

Doc rxd rifampin for one month and augmentin for one month.

In our experience, Rifampin takes a while to finish the job, but you might start seeing some results within a month. Generally, it needs to be combined with another med, such as Biaxin, Zith, or Doxy. to really do it's best. Augmentin also helped us see some good results. If you do not have an LLMD, I would strongly recommend that you get one.

We just started Rifampin this morning, along w/ Clindomycin. The plan is to do Rifampin for 14 days and the Clindo for 30 days "to blow out anything residual that might be in there", according to the doc. DS6 has been on Augmentin and Azith, daily, for 2 years, with good results. I discontinued the Augmentin for this 30 day run but I am keeping the Azith on board. This means 5 doses of abx daily...where will I fit in the probiotic!!?? Anyway, we just had a 2nd IVig on the 20th and 21st in order to try to get rid of the more mild symptoms that persisted...hoping this does the trick because we are in the backslide stage of the IVig right now and it hurts to see after 8 months of doing very well. I wish good things for you - I guess we are in the same boat with the waiting game re: the abx!

Re: Herx, 2 years ago when DS started the combo of Augmentin and Azith (had already been on Augmentin but added the Azith 7/2011), he had a major up/down herx for 2 weeks. he had come up w/borderline igg and igm Lyme and borderline igg Bart. The herx seemed to indicate that the Lyme was likely a true positive. It was a toughie - hard to get thru, but tsymptoms started to decrease after a couple of weeks and he has become progressively much better over time.

Edited by Beeskneesmommy

Hi Bees

When you experienced th "the backslide stage" of IVIG, were symptoms even worst than they had been before the IVIG?

How long did this period last?

Did the symptoms then just magically disappear one day, or was it a gradual improvent?

I'm currently experiencing a backslide now, and my ds7 is exhibiting all kinds of symptoms he used to have long before antibiotic started improving his symptoms.

Very hard to endure, so any info you can provide would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Jamal- the backslide of IVIG can be worse. It brought out tics and adventitious movements my son had never had. He was not a big ticcer. This happened after the first IVIG. The second, 19 months later, was not as bad but it still took months to see improvement, just like the first one.