ACN Latitudes Forums

DS-20 in open heart surgery right now

Wow, what a fighter you are for your son! What an inspiration you are for me.....he is so blessed. His ART doctor saved his life, but so did you!!! Way to go mom. I love how you don't except ". No" ( from the surgeon ). and get the testing done anyway. I hope I can be that strong for my son as we fight our way through this long road to health....stay strong....for your son as well as those of us that need a role model on how to handle these though situations. Prayers to you and your son! Thank you, Linda

Edited by 3boysmom

ART stands for: Autonomic Response Testing. It's a Klinghardt technique.

Also, blood test for DS came back positive for bartonella. Took 3 draws over a 5 day period doing testing basically 9 different ways (3 ways X 3 days). Only 1 was positive, but it was PCR DNA! Don't know if it was what had affected his valve...still waiting for those results, but never-the-less, we have no choice but to treat. Taking him back to LLMD in 1 1/2 weeks, because he stopped tx about 2 years ago when he got recurrent c-diff. We're definitely going to have to deal with that, too.

Tpotter,

I am new on here but wanted to tell you your DS is in my prayes and has been since I read the post of his surgery! Of course you and your family also! I am so sorry you are going through all of this. Nothing is worse than watching our children suffer!