ACN Latitudes Forums

Hey all.. I wanted to stop back and pay a visit about 3 yrs later

I wanted to say thanks to the producers of this forum.

I remember when this disorder, just about turned my family upside down.

Thanks to the people in this group, and especially DR.T. We are symptom free for about 3 yrs and counting.

One thing i remember from back then, was i did not see many conclusion storys. I would like to offer one.

These are just my opinions , based on facts we went through. I do not have the time to get really detailed, so please pardon my shortcuts.

I had 2 children affected within 6 months.

It happened around the time of the H1N1 scare.... The time of a big vacination push in our local schools..... Remember that?

Our first case was with our youngest, he first displayed "complex vocal tics"

This is when i considered my self baptised by fire, and scoured the internet for truthful information. I found this forum and within a Link to Dr. K....( I will not use names of Dr.s)

He provided breif assistance, with a Short script of Augmentine.(Immediate temporary improvement 1 month of so) Too short in my opinion.

We discontinued with DR. K, after he discontinued with us.... I was not on board with I.V.I.G.....He Did not really responed to my emails or my lack of Insurance.

During the time of the initial course of ABX, I studied the comments on this web site.

I then solicited DR. T for his knowledge and help.....

Everthing is now in order thanks to DR. T.

I believe some cases can be Cured( yes i used the word cured) with a strong dose of the correct ABX.

How has our life changed?

No packaged foods

No GMO

We consider everything we put into out body.

I wish you all the best of the best, on your journey.

btw here is a link to a new person sharing vids on pandas.

Thanks again to you all.

-john

Thanks for posting! Please tell us how old your children were when they got PANDAS and how old were they when they were cured?

Are you willing to share the medical regimen that worked for your children and how long you treated?

It really is wonderful to hear success stories. SO happy for you.

Please remember i am just a comment on the internet.... not a DR. (how do i get this spell check to work?)

The first one was about 4yrs old and the 2nd (had symptoms 2months later) was 13yrs... it took about 6 - 8 months of abx. We used a full spectrum Abx (Biaxan)after we tested, showing micoplasma and strep. It is important to use the correct abx... not all can penitrate the cellular walls . I wanted to keep things as simple as possable, and wanted a doctor not to make a mountain, with complicated solutions.There is plenty of worry time, combined with research---- use the research.

To recap... I used various doctors opinons, I sifted through the mire,weighed my options and managed.

I ... by nature have learned not to believe everything that is presented by the main stream.

• Test ----Try to identify the infection (The source if possable)
  • Kill the infection ( this may be most difficult) considering common perscriptions are like car warranties >too short
  • replenish the gut with healthy gut flora

There does not seem to be a spell checker in this program :(

Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope we are as lucky as you are. I also have two children infected, both within 6 months of each other. We are only 1 month into treating and have an appt with Dr. T this summer. It seems like there is going to be along road ahead of us.

I hope your children continue to enjoy a full remission!

Thank you so much for sharing! Your story gives me hope. We have been seeing Dr. T and have been prescribed out first medication after 9 months of seeing other doctors, trying elimination diets etc...

No one thought my son had an infection and it was only after travelling from Canada to the States that we got the tests back revealing coxsackie and possible myco.

We are on our second round of Acyclovir for the coxsackie, day 12 of 20, and we have seen some improvement. It's been a long road but it is so nice to hear success stories. It gives me the hope that one day my 4 year old son will be infection/tic free.

Thank you for your post! I really needed to see this tonight!