ACN Latitudes Forums

Okay...This is a serious forum...but now I have to request..Give a ye

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Masters in Mechanical Engineering. My husband studied architecture. My dad, uncle and grandfather were all pilots.

Interesting Amy mentions Parkinson's, my dad had that too.

Gosh, if only this genetic type of link was observed between doctors instead of engineers, then maybe more of them would be knowledgable about all of this and we would not have to fight this at every turn. Maybe even a cure by now or at least a protocol.

Nary an engineer here. All business/entertainment. However....I always excelled in math and science and my PANS dd16 breezes effortlessly through honors and AP science and math courses with A's. (Thank God!)

Interesting to see how many engineer-related. Kinda feeling left out. :(

QM

Wow, I don't know what this all means, as with everything else in regards to Panda's, but it sure is interesting. I remember reading that the rate of Autism is higher in children that come from computer/engineer parents compared to the rest of the population. So I suppose I am not all that surprised. I am going to ask Dr. K about this and tell him about this forum response and see what he has to say....My ds is having his IVIG next Thursday/Friday so I will see him. Wish us luck!!! I will report back on his thoughts....Meanwhile, I hope more people respond to this post. I will consider this our first clinical research trial.....Ha

No engineers here. Several teachers in the family.

All 4 kids are exceptionally to profoundly gifted, and one is a math teacher.

I vaguely remember some research showing a correlation to giftedness and the number of glutamate receptors in the brain. I wish I had flagged that study.

Father did engineering degree, never worked as an engineer, became a professional guitarist and then a guitar teacher, like you do :) Having said that, I won't be 100% sure what I have is PANS-related until I actually RESPOND to something <_< I definitely have (what counts as) Asperger's syndrome, whatever the cause of it may actually be, I've a psychologist's certificate. Doing a chemistry degree myself, and funnily enough (considering the other recent thread) just got a distinction on a maths course! That was in spite of much obstruction from the actual symptoms themselves.

Edited by Wombat140