ACN Latitudes Forums

Mycoplasma and chronic fatigue

Just curious if anyone else has noticed chronic fatigue symptoms with a mycoplasma infection?

My son has not had any respiratory symptoms, didn't even know it was mycoplasma before blood work. The main symptoms he has had have been fatigue, memory lose, lack of concentration, agitation. I did read in multiple places of a connection between the two, mainly myco p causing chronic fatugie. Again, when you cannot get a doctor to believe or even listen to you, how do you get it treated. He has been on zithromax since January. Is that the right abx, is it enough, so many questions.

I am in Pittsburgh, which has been the worst for treatment. This weekend we are having an awareness walk and Dr. Triffiletti will be attending. I really hope this opens the eyes of the doctors here. It has been such a frustrating journey to get my son help. I cannot beleive the doctors can be so clueless and refuse to understand this.

Sorry to vent. If anyone else has seen this or knows anything similar, I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks

My friend's dd (now 15) had a formal diagnosis if "post-viral chronic fatigue syndrome" from a big name hospital. She wasn't getting better after 1.5 years. I finally convinced parents to see an integrative doc who did proper testing. She was positive for mycoplasma, Lyme (culture test positive), and Babesia. Her symptoms (not PANDAS) were brain fog, fatigue, pain, plus many other weird symptoms.

I would look definitely look into Lyme (plus mycoplasma etc) in your case as PA is a HUGE Lyme hotspot.

Realistically, you will need to get to LLMD for proper testing and treatment, although a workup with Dr. T. is a good place to start.

My son who is 16 has had chronic fatigue due to lyme, bartonella, mycoplasma and newly discovered through blood work, methylation problems. His fatigue has been severe at times and at times does improve some. For us, treating the infections and helping the methylation do impact his fatigue. You will also find a connection between the methylation issues and chronic fatigue. If the body can't ride the bacteria and toxins, their body is not only blocked from getting rid of this properly but being depleted of important things to help normal body function.

My friend's dd (now 15) had a formal diagnosis if "post-viral chronic fatigue syndrome" from a big name hospital. She wasn't getting better after 1.5 years. I finally convinced parents to see an integrative doc who did proper testing. She was positive for mycoplasma, Lyme (culture test positive), and Babesia. Her symptoms (not PANDAS) were brain fog, fatigue, pain, plus many other weird symptoms.

I would look definitely look into Lyme (plus mycoplasma etc) in your case as PA is a HUGE Lyme hotspot.

Realistically, you will need to get to LLMD for proper testing and treatment, although a workup with Dr. T. is a good place to start.

This sounds exactly like my son 3 yrs. ago. Anti-worm and anti-parasite treatment got rid of most of the fatique in just a few months. This was the first thing the doctor had us do before treating for everything else.

YES. All four of us have been battling myco-p this year. I haven't felt so wiped out since I had mono in high school! It's awful. My muscles feel like lead weights. I deal with a lot of brain fog and leg pain at night from it too. My son complains of leg pain and you can see it messing with his processing speed. We've been doing various long courses of antibiotics - doxy, biaxin, azith, cipro.....

You guys know I'm all about methylation so I won't beat that drum here. Highly recommend 23andMe. In the meantime, you can try adding 100mg of CoQ10 for energy. It's pretty expensive in places like Amazon and CVS. My grocery store of all places carries an organic brand called Full Circle that's half the price and works well. So shop around but it helps.

My son also does well on phosphatidyleserine (aka PS100) - helps a lot with attention and focus.

Finally, while it's not for mycoplasma, L-Lysine helps with viral load, which can sometimes accompany chronic infections. So you may want to google that as well.