ACN Latitudes Forums

How is Lyme contracted?

What Ive learned is other vectors for lyme and coinfections can be mosquitos, fleas, bed bugs, lice, pet saliva and dust mites. Dr Schaller's book on Bartonella lists these as do many other sources.

I have one family of Lyme and coinfections in my practice that started with grandma getting it thru bed bugs. Another a child with Lyme induced Autism got it at 7 months of age thru a huge mosquito bite that got infected for two weeks and at 22 months he developed ASD symptoms. Now 80 % better and partially mainstreamed. Sees Dr J and myself. Many cases.

Maternal Fetal trasfer- numerous studies out for a while. have several patients. Latest patient is 8 weeks old. GI issues, Allergies, Liver issues, muscle twitches since birth. Mom just wanted Holistic so I treated him. Now after 3 weeks symptom free. amazing. But yes. My DH was also transfer from me.

sexual transmission - large amount of anecdotal evidence. Dont know of any studies.

Edited by sptcmom

I believe my children got it through my breastmilk (if not in utero). I got it from a tick bite as a younger person but was not diagnosed until much later when my kids were diagnosed.

Edited by Suzan

A good percentage of those with Lyme, don't remember a tick bite. The nymph stage of ticks (which can transmit Lyme) is the size of a poppy seed, so VERY easy to miss. These nymphs can also bite in tricky places which go unnoticed such as the hairline by the ears. One of my friends told me one of her in-laws got a Lyme from a bite near his "privates".

My friends dd with Lyme/babesia doesn't remember a tick bite, but they went camping in many weekends over the summer in areas with ticks (N. Ca).

To be a devil's advocate, how do we know these kids that supposedly got Lyme via Mosquitos didn't actually get from a tick bite that wasn't noticed (or even though in utero or through breatmilk?).

Don't hate me, but I'm not at all convinced Mosquitos can transmit Lyme.