ACN Latitudes Forums

Type of Rash

Gave DD a benadryl and she took a nap. A few hours later mom took a look and there was no more rash. So now im wondering if this is happening. During a flare up like an allergic reaction. I saw an add about shingles virus how your body has it if you ever had the chicken pox and i am wondering cause DD had a very bad case at the age of 3

Gave DD a benadryl and she took a nap. A few hours later mom took a look and there was no more rash. So now im wondering if this is happening. During a flare up like an allergic reaction. I saw an add about shingles virus how your body has it if you ever had the chicken pox and i am wondering cause DD had a very bad case at the age of 3

Shingles are very painful and do not 'go away' quickly. It gets weepy, moist then crusty then goes away. Can take up to a couple weeks to dissipate. Shingles follows a nerve path. It is unilateral and does not cross the body meridian usually. Meaning it is only on one side and will not cross the "midline" of the body. It is possible to get it in two places in 2 different nerves but it still does not usually cross the center line even when that happens. Any generalized, all over rash is most often NOT shingles.

Shingles rash is normally no larger than palm/hand size on one side of body. Although, I have seen large cases in very immunosuppressed cancer patients...entire side of torsos etc. Even then, they still followed the rule of having rash along nerve path on only one side of body.

I could not really see characteristics of rash from your posted photo. Hopefully, it is a benign fungal rash as your doctor suggested. Most unusual for kids to get shingles unless very immuno- compromised. Shingles are usually painful--on of the hallmark signatures of this type of rash.

Naw, I guess it's not shingles from that explanation. This is something that I noticed only during her rage flare up. The picture definitively looks topical but it's actually under the skin. Today she had a pretty log episode. I monitored her back and she did not get the same rash but it did become quite red. I've never heard of a rash that comes and goes.