ACN Latitudes Forums

Is it possible that parasites could be the only problem?

i have treated over 2 years for lyme/bart. with no relief. i tried black walnut oil for parasites and she started to poop (she was in emergency room all the time for rectal prolapse because of severe constipation) and sleep. is there a chance parasites could be her only problem. what kind of doctor would you recommend. my regular g.i. looks at me like i have 3 heads! thanks!

I don't think it's an 'only' problem, but certainly a 'real' issue.

I thought I'd share this, although it is highly personal.

I did some rounds of parasite treatments with my LLMD in the last few years-

A famous LLMD, Dr. H from the east, recently declared 'Parasites are now the #1 co-infection' ILADS 2012

Recently, after being off all treatments for 4+ months,

my own gastro issues (constipation, stomach attacks) have flared- (not gallbladder, had that checked)

I went to an insurance gastro Dr. this week, for the 1st time.

No, they will not talk about parasites, yeast, gut flora-

He did recommend a probiotic

Align

which is rated the #1 probiotic for gastro issues- by the Dr.'s and people who suffer gastro issues themselves.

It is only 1 strain of probiotic- I know you've had trouble with probiotics with your dd- but I would try this one-

Also, I was advised and incorporated a fiber drink daily, not psysillium, but soluable fiber, and Colace.

Usually I use Oxy Powder at night (capsules) for constipation.

BUT-

I purchased Renew Life kit ParaGone and have started - capsules of herbs and a tincture for parasite treatment.

I like the 'Renew Life' brand (can be purchased from Whole Foods, or online). I am using their fiber drink as well.

So yes, parasite infections are real, happen to clean people not living in 3rd world countries,

and can take all nutrients from the body, and cause very difficult gastro issues.

Hope she feels better soon---

• 6 months later...

Not sure the only problem but it can be a really big deal for some, night and day. Magnesium deficiency is often significant and debilitating for lyme folks, autism, pandas you name it, as you know. Our DD had severe similar to what was described above, personally I think Oxypowder is great but there are several other types of magnesium that may benefit your other issues - i'd suggest adding mag. Citrate and or mag. malate to what you're taking for additional neuro benefits beyond the consitaption challenges. Mag Ox pretty much just cleans you out is least likely to address a deficiency. That said, parasites flourish because there is imbalance in the gut. We've benefited greatly from probiotics on the order of 100 -200 billion per day -- a lot! and a product called GI Microbe X 2-3 caps per day to address parasites and gut balance.

Magnesium, psyllium husk, lots of water. With positive bart titers, infection is definately part of your equation but parasites could be as well. Our LLMD didn't deal with gut issues either. Just one more thing I had to find out for my self.

Treating just one thing at a time is not going to solve any problems when lyme/bart/potential parasites are involved. Everything has to be taken into consideration.

• 4 weeks later...