ACN Latitudes Forums

Probiotics

My daughter is currently on 100 Bactrim, 300 omnicef, 250 azith daily and then tindamax twice (once daily) on the weekends. She takes 1 theralac probiotic daily and two on the weekends (30 billion units) We are changing out the omnicef for rifampin either 300 mg daily or 600 (i have to check rx). What kind and dosage of probiotics do you recommend with this dose of medicine? To date she has not had any issues with what we are on but it seems like rifampin is stronger. Thanks!

My son was on the same combos as yours. We used Theralac daily and used Truflora twice a week. Never increased the probiotics above 30 Billion CFUs, tho I found it helpful to add garlic capsules to his dinnertime pills. We never had yeast issues that I could tell and a recent candida blood test came back negative.

My son was on the same combos as yours. We used Theralac daily and used Truflora twice a week. Never increased the probiotics above 30 Billion CFUs, tho I found it helpful to add garlic capsules to his dinnertime pills. We never had yeast issues that I could tell and a recent candida blood test came back negative.

LLM- I've been unsuccessfully trying to locate a post where you gave me some info on Psyllium. Hopefully, you don't mind me bugging you again. What is the brand and dosage of Psyllium Husk capsules you give your children? Also- how about the garlic capsules. TIA

We use NOW Foods psyllium husk capsules 500mg from amazon. We all take 1/day (works better when you drink plenty of fluids but I don't fight that battle). The bottle says you can take 3/day but that makes things too loose for my kids. 1/day or sometimes 2/day if transit is too slow. I'm not married to this brand - just easy to find in stores.

Garlic I think was Spring Valley or Nature's Way 1000mg capsules 1/day. But again, wasn't married to the brand or dosage.

We use NOW Foods psyllium husk capsules 500mg from amazon. We all take 1/day (works better when you drink plenty of fluids but I don't fight that battle). The bottle says you can take 3/day but that makes things too loose for my kids. 1/day or sometimes 2/day if transit is too slow. I'm not married to this brand - just easy to find in stores.

Garlic I think was Spring Valley or Nature's Way 1000mg capsules 1/day. But again, wasn't married to the brand or dosage.

Thx :-)

My daughter originally was dx with Bart and Ehrlicia. Most recent tests have not shown either but the Lyme is still there and we recently saw an increase in strep titers (from a low of 60 back up to over 400). She is allergic to penicillin so it is hard to find stuff that works. Thanks for the help!

My Dd6 is on - Cipro -250mg 2x day, Cefnidir -250mg-1x per day , Rifampin 150mg -1x per day, & Lamisil -125mg. We give her 1 packet of kids Florastor -and add another if her stomach hurts. Dd was on Azithromycin 200mg daily since onset in Sept. 2011. She has recently had a big flair and her Myco Igg #s jumped up 400+ - so Dr. B had us add back in Cipro & drop Azithromycin.

We are treating for Bart/Lyme/Pandas. Dr.J originally prescribed Rifampin 150mg 2x per day for Dd who is a petite 6 .5 year old at 40lbs. She couldn't tolerate that dosage - and she typically has an iron gut. She had immediate diarrhea after 1st day on 2 x Rifampin. As per Dr. J we went down to 1 dose and changed our Probiotic from Kids Primadopholous chewables to Florastor. That helped and she can tolerate the Rifampin @ 150 mg .... But she is complaining of stomach aches a lot - not sure what exactly is causing that.

My advice ... Make sure you some good quality Probiotics! Good luck!

How do you get the code to order from Klaire labs? Thanks.

Its been a while since I signed up with the code, but I'll look through my file and see if I can find it. Someone here was kind enough to pass it along to me. You may be able to call Pro Thera directly and inquire.

And yes, it is very expensive. I purchase 2 or 3 at a time to receive free shipping, but you still have to pay a fee to keep it cold with an ice pack. Once you receive it, you need to refrigerate.

also- I suggest adding probiotics in slowly to avoid bloating. One daily or every other day before increasing, if desired.

Edited by philamom